• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I really wanted to use 95 grain vmax for coyotes, but the accuracy wasn't better than my grendel. It was shooting 2 1/2 inch groups at 200 yards. I checked zero with 129 grain bullets, and the group tightened up to 1 3/8 at 200 yards.

I noticed that the 129 grain are about 1/8 inch longer than the 95 grain. Could this be why there's an accuracy difference?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If you're not planning on reloading, I'd give the heavier offerings a shot too. They might be the ticket in factory loadings for your gun. I'll bet there is a load that will shoot those 95 grainers sub moa but finding it may require some experimentation. You just want 'em dead, right? Don't think any of these loads are real fur friendly, are they?

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    2nd on the 143gr Eld X. I have an RPR in 6.5 creed and my 3 shot groups can typically be covered with a quarter if not tighter at 100 yards. That being said, those were hand loads. I have had quite a bit of luck with the sellier bellot 140gr fmj's as well. I typically used them as plinking rounds, but the inherent accuracy of the RPR surprised me a little. Not quite as tight as hand loads, obviously, but plenty for taking coyotes within 200 yards.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    You say you want flat as possible, but your first post was complaining about accuracy. If you're stuck with factory ammo, you rarely get to have the best of all worlds. Handloading is the real answer to your question.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Creedmoor isn’t ideal for coyotes unless it’s in 6mm or (pending) 22 caliber format. The case is optimized for longer bullets in 6.5.

Although I’d bet a handloaded 90 TNT or V-max will be good enough you won’t miss the smaller bores.

Top Bottom