• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I know this is like 'what is your favorite pizza' thread.

Long story short. Used to buy from Xtreme. Have been 'out of it' for about a year due to various things. Went in on Black Friday to buy from Xtreme on their normal awesome sale. Came to realize new ownership=adertised new lower prices which means 'new higher prices'. I would have bought at 10% off IF they had free shipping, but no. 13 bucks shipping and 10% off. Didn't seem good enough to buy when I don't really need them RIGHT NOW.

So when I do need to order, would prefer to move to a new company and not have to re-tweak the 650 again after I make a move to a new projectile maker.

What are my options for good plated or coated bullets in loosely the same price point as Xtreme? I have been shooting 124 RN is USPSA...

Thanks,

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I use Berry's 124 gn plated round nose bullets. Atterbury Shooting Complex and Bobcat Steel often have them in stock and less expensive than ordering online.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'm in the same boat. Haven't ordered in awhile. Used to only buy xtreme on black Friday. Bought enough to last at least a year.

Logged on to buy this year and said nope! Not gonna happen with those prices. Same with my list of fishing supplies. They can sit on the stuff.

I'm good for awhile anyway. No problems waiting.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Same here. 9mm, 124RN. I liked the 10% but not the shipping. I have a box of Extreme 124 FP set back to try but after that I need a deal. It seems that there are a couple of threads on here discussing this. Bayou, RMR, Blue, Indy something or other.....where o where have my plated bullets gone....where o where can they be....

jhopson

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2018
    Trafalgar
    I have been shooting coated bullets for a couple of years now, and recently started producing some of my own to sell.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I still like xtreme bullets, didn’t know about the shipping until Black Friday. Went to do my usual 2-3k 9mm 147gr and . 45 230gr RN order and saw the $50 shipping

did some finagling and had a friend order it for me (new customers still get free shipping) and had it shipped to him

I’ll still buy their bullets, just mental noted that no matter how good the sale, just look for free shipping

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    For plated bullets, I've found that Berry's is very comparable to what Xtreme was. They always have free shipping if you buy over $75. If you get on their email list, they have frequent sales and the prices can be reasonable, although coated bullets are cheaper.
    --Rick

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    SnS Casting for coated.

$68.00 per 1000 9mm 125grn. round nose

5% discount over 5000
    10% discount over 10,000

they deliver to matches in Indiana

da4b585d-86d8-4bfb-86f3-f90275bb332b.jpg

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I did buy a bunch from Precision Delta a couple years ago. Real jacketed and the prices are shipped. Ill have to check on them as well as Everglades.

Top Bottom