Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Wolf 115gr FMJ 9mm

I did some shooting today. Got a few free boxes of Wolf as a gift. I shot from 50 yards it held 2" 5 shot groups. The smallest was 1 3/4". I was using my Ruger PC carbine on a rest.

What are your opinions on the accuracy of this cheap ammunition at 50 yard?
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

It's plinking ammo for cheap practice or training. It's always ran in my guns just fine, and hits targets just fine.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I have shot steel before without any problems at all. That being said I usually can find brass for just a little more and canít justify ordering the steel just to save $50. If I could get some for a steel, pun intended then I would for sure. Great range ammo

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon. AllenM's Avatar

User Info Menu

I shoot the brown box Military 9mm by the case out of my pistols. It's a little dirty but very accurate and I have never had a problem with it not going bang.
    07 FFL / SOT 2

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

I prefer brass for my "nicer" guns, but the steel is the real deal with the plastic guns.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=DadSmith;8108753]I did some shooting today. Got a few free boxes of Wolf as a gift. I shot from 50 yards it held 2" 5 shot groups. The smallest was 1 3/4". I was using my Ruger PC carbine on a rest.

What are your opinions on the accuracy of this cheap ammunition at 50 yard?[/QUOTE

accuracy is avg for Russia I suppose. Did you have optics ?
    "Test what you Think You Know"

User Info Menu

Up the average to 2" groups at 50 yards. That's pretty good...

If your gun will shoot it fine - then that's a bonus. I've owned 2 guns in the past that didn't like anything but brass.

I think I'm about out now, but I tend to shoot more steel when I shoot indoors or at places I know I won't be able to scrounge brass.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Trapper Jim;
    I have a 1-6 Vortex Strike Eagle on it. I have to use optics on just about everything now days my eyes are getting bad.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Trapper Jim;
    I have a 1-6 Vortex Strike Eagle on it. I have to use optics on just about everything now days my eyes are getting bad.
    I know the feeling. Good shootin.

"Test what you Think You Know"