Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Richardson View Post
    Buy quality reloading manuals and read, read again and make you own choices. What works for some, doesn't work for others.
    I have some manuals and I have read them. I just wanted to get some INGO experts opinions on what they like before I go spend a ton of $ on powders, etc.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Restroyer View Post
    I have some manuals and I have read them. I just wanted to get some INGO experts opinions on what they like before I go spend a ton of $ on powders, etc.
    Buy, one at a time, and TEST .....

RECORD results .....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SSGSAD View Post
    Buy, one at a time, and TEST .....

RECORD results .....
    I plan on doing that. I am trying to get advice on what manufacturers to start with and go from there. Most of the responses on my question have been great and well appreciated. People who say "read a manual and make your own decisions" aren't very helpful. But overall most of the responses have been terrific in getting me pointed in the right direction to start reloading and I appreciate the help.

User Info Menu

I use Hercules, for years, now Alliant .....

Accurate is very good also ...
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

User Info Menu

Sorry not loading your calibers right now. So my best recall of my beginner problems. The bottle neck cases to me was very easy to get right, load and shoot. Pistol cases in revolvers not bad, semi-autos a different story. Get a case gage for the semi-autos rounds and you’ll save money and time. Another problem I had was for 38 special using very light charges of Bullseye. My measure didn’t make accurate throws at 3.0 grains or less.

I’m starting to load 38 special again, have 125gr and 158gr bullets. Powders I have to start with are Bullseye, W-231/HP-38, Unique and HS-6. Have read not to use tight-group.

Watch out for powders that have similar names tight-group not tite-wad , HP-38 not H-380 and couple others with Clays in the name.

User Info Menu

Sorry not loading your calibers right now. So my best recall of my beginner problems. The bottle neck cases to me was very easy to get right, load and shoot. Pistol cases in revolvers not bad, semi-autos a different story. Get a case gage for the semi-autos rounds and you’ll save money and time. Another problem I had was for 38 special using very light charges of Bullseye. My measure didn’t make accurate throws at 3.0 grains or less.

I’m starting to load 38 special again, have 125gr and 158gr bullets. Powders I have to start with are Bullseye, W-231/HP-38, Unique and HS-6. Have read not to use tight-group.

Watch out for powders that have similar names tight-group not tite-wad , HP-38 not H-380 and couple others with Clays in the name.

Marksman

User Info Menu

For .40 S&w I use titegroup powder which is also good for 9mm and 380. Not sure about 38 but it would probably work fine. Cci primers and xtreme plated bullets that I bout a long time ago before they went up. Seems like Natchez has some fmj for not much more at all so I would probably buy them if I needed some. I think theyre Speer.

for 223 I use h335 powder, cci small rifle primers (I bought 41s before but have not had any problems with the regular spp). Usually Hornady 55gr fmj-bt for plinkers. I think theyre $8 per 100 at Natchez right now. Thats been a really good combo of components for me.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I only load 45 acp and 9 mm. With my 45 acp I use large Winchester primers and 200 grain wad cutters from acme bullets. With 9 mm I use CCI primers with 124 grain acme bullets. I use Sport Pistol powder they say its for coated bullets it works great and meter well.
    And I case gauge as well but I always plunk test in my barrel first to make sure my oal is right.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Ive been a happy Montana Gold bullet customer for about 7 years now. Good selection shipped right to your door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2