• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Switching Dies with a Hornady Lock and Load from a 9mm which is tuned in to 300 BLK... any tips for expediting the calibration?
    Get a full set of the breech lock collars for the next caliber. I can switch from 9mm to 223 in only a couple minutes. Would be <60 seconds if I had a 2nd pre-set powder drop.
    The first time you set things up will take longer because you have to get the new dies set properly...

The cheapest way to buy the collars is with the lock-N-Load Conversion kit (044098). You get 6 collars for $20 at Cabelas. Watch other sites as some only have 3 collars in set 044099 for about $16.
    --Rick

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Get a full set of the breech lock collars for the next caliber. I can switch from 9mm to 223 in only a couple minutes. Would be <60 seconds if I had a 2nd pre-set powder drop.
    The first time you set things up will take longer because you have to get the new dies set properly...

The cheapest way to buy the collars is with the lock-N-Load Conversion kit (044098). You get 6 collars for $20 at Cabelas. Watch other sites as some only have 3 collars in set 044099 for about $16.
    --Rick

Thank you! That's super helpful. Makes sense... calibrate the first time but a lot of the settings hold over. I appreciate it! Picked up the new 300BLK this weekend, so now time to make some new ammo...

Top Bottom