• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Columbus
    Thanks. I shot there once or twice back in college but haven't been there since. Actually didn't know there were still around. Website looks like the place has even improved some, but the internet can be deceiving. Any idea how much the recovered shot is going for? 42$ a bag makes shot shell reloading hard to justify.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks. I shot there once or twice back in college but haven't been there since. Actually didn't know there were still around. Website looks like the place has even improved some, but the internet can be deceiving. Any idea how much the recovered shot is going for? 42$ a bag makes shot shell reloading hard to justify.

Actually super cheap commercial loads makes shotshell reloading hard to justify.

Unless you want super special loads, reloading shotshells is a losing proposition. If your only goal in shotshell reloading is cost savings, give up. That ship has sailed.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

Last time I was in there I bought some. Pretty sure that was last year. Cant remember exactly but around 30 dollars a bag sounds right.

CM is correct about saving money. The math just isn't there for common 20 and 12g loads. If you're loading 410 or 28 gauge there is some savings.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Columbus
    I have my possess Warren setup to duplicate AA super handicap loads so I can justify it a bit. I guess one of main reasons is my dad always did and it gives me a bit of nostalgia and you can't beat the smell of red dot. It's one of those little things you do to keep memories alive even though practical logic doesn't justify it.

Top Bottom