• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unique

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2017
    Argos
    Hs6,231,Hp-38, Power Pistol possibly one not mentioned. I’m new to loading 9mm and I’m looking for a powder that takes up a large amount of case volume to help guard against a double charge. I’d like to know before I buy a powder for just the 9mm. I’ve loaded revolver cartridges for a few years now never a auto cartridge. Thanks for the help

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I load several different calibers including 9mm, and I don't think I ever would have been able to double charge them without powder falling out. On the other hand I use loading trays and when I have powdered 50 (which what the tray holds), I stop and look in each one to make sure I didn't miss filling any brass with powder.

Ron

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    Look no further than your username! I got a deal on several lbs of Unique for cheap and it nearly fills the case in my range loads.

Ditto, Unique does a good job of filling the 9mm shell. I also use Sport Pistol and that does a good job of filling the case also. Either one would overflow if it had a double charge.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    b6a054c2bbc3be2de6ae7f33f5206d74.jpg

This picture is 4 grns of Sport Pistol which makes power factor with a 125gr Blue Bullet.

Winchester Super Field is really close to the same and a great powder for 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I load 4.3gn Titegroup for 115gn projectiles. I also use 3.9gn HP-38 for 124gn.

The level looks very similar to the picture posted by cjcycles. Double charges are VERY obvious.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I load 4.3gn Titegroup for 115gn projectiles. I also use 3.9gn HP-38 for 124gn.

The level looks very similar to the picture posted by cjcycles. Double charges are VERY obvious.

4.3 of titegroup is my favorite load for my 115gr. Gives me great results in about 95% of my handguns and pc carbine.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I have used Power Pistol for 9mm loads for a long time, and for the exact reason you mentioned. A double charge will overflow the case, not just fill it up more than usual.

Spetasal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    The Region
    Hs6,231,Hp-38, Power Pistol possibly one not mentioned. I’m new to loading 9mm and I’m looking for a powder that takes up a large amount of case volume to help guard against a double charge. I’d like to know before I buy a powder for just the 9mm. I’ve loaded revolver cartridges for a few years now never a auto cartridge. Thanks for the help

I use BlueDot for 9mm, .357 and .38. It fills up pretty much the entire 9mm case. Not quite a compression load, but close.

Top Bottom