• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    What can you tell me about it? There's not much info or reviews online and Wolfs website doesn't even list it. Pros/cons of a 69gr bullet?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Is it labeled "Lugansk" on the packaging (i.e. Ukrainian)? Most of the 69-grain poison pills I have are RAS-branded Lugansk ("fun" side note - that plant was destroyed in the War in Donbass...:(). Good stuff - hard-hitting, dependable shooter. If the stuff you're talking about is sealed, that's a bonus as it makes it better for long-term storage.

Just note, the heavier bullet is going to give up a bit at longer distances vs. the lighter and venerable (52-53 grain) 7N6 projectile. Won't be a problem if you're plinking at 100 yards, but expect performance to drop substantially out past 200, 300 yards. I've experienced this firsthand shooting RAS, along with other commercial loads and milsurp 7N6 at 300 yards. Out of the same gun the 7N6 gets on target quite a bit more until you figure out ballistics with everything else.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I picked up a couple boxes of it at my local gun range to try out. In both my SGL31 and Saiga, multiple rounds failed to go into battery. The rounds would go about half way into the chamber then stop which was weird. I tried a little forward assist to no avail. Cycled the action and was back in business. It shot flawless in my VEPR using a 5rd mag.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I picked up a couple boxes of it at my local gun range to try out. In both my SGL31 and Saiga, multiple rounds failed to go into battery. The rounds would go about half way into the chamber then stop which was weird. I tried a little forward assist to no avail. Cycled the action and was back in business. It shot flawless in my VEPR using a 5rd mag.

It seems to be a bit more finicky depending on the AK. Some folks have reported better luck with it after running a few hundred rounds of lighter grain projectiles through their guns first. I picked up a ton of it from Fleet Farm when they were clearancing a bunch of their AK stuff awhile back. Purchased a few thousand rounds at I believe 13 cpr shipped. It was the single worst packaging job I've ever seen, with crushed, torn boxes and hundreds of loose rounds either rolling around the bottom or literally poking out of the sides of the cardboard. In one box, UPS clearly reboxed the Fleet Farm packaging due to damage. I read some anecdotes of people finding stray rounds in their driveways due to "leaking" boxes. Probably thousands of orphaned rounds swept out of UPS trucks and off conveyor belts nationwide during that time. Zero F's given by Fleet Farm or their warehouse teams.

Anyway, I've never had issues with the ammo but I've also only shot it through well-worn 74s. I held onto several hundred rounds for the uniqueness/"rarity" since it will never be produced again.

Top Bottom