• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I need a new [FONT=&amp]Vibratory Case Tumbler as my Dillon CV500 motor is MIA. I would buy a n[/FONT]ew Dillon CV750 but the price is way to high for me. Bought a Harbor Fright and it lasted 2 days.

I need a new good vibratory case tumbler that works long and hard. I will do 1000-2000 cases per month. I shoot cowboy some and will shoot wild bunch this spring-summer.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I use lymans myself , have one i use the most that is over 10 years old, 1000's of pieces of brass thru it and still going strong, I have 3 total now and couldn't be more pleased, had a midway and a hornady they died pretty quick.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Go to Grainger and cross reference the motor and put a new one on the Dillon...

I tried that when mine died. I could not find a motor and I could not find anyone else on the internet with the same problem finding one also.

I got mine when Dillon warranted them and they fixed it the first time it died and refused the second time. Told them to pound sand and bought a Frankford Arsenal. Never a problem with it.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    One thing to note,
    from what I understand Dillon upgraded stopped marketing the 500, upgraded the motor & came out with the 750. I believe it is the same motor as on the CV-2001, unlikely it would ever wear out in 1 lifetime.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I've had my CV500 since 1996. If it died tomorrow I'd buy another dillon.

From what I was told by Dillon electronics purchased before 97 or 98 have a lifetime warranty.
    They replaced my electronic scale a couple years ago. I gave them the invoice number and serial number, and they replaced it no questions asked.

I think I'd press the issue a little bit, especially, if it was purchased before 97/98.

Never hurts to be nice on the phone, or via email. Sometimes just being in contact with the right person makes a difference

:cheers:

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    NOT FIXABLE!!! Made in 1999 bought after they changed from life to one year. Bought an Frankfort Arsenal Wet Tumbler and like it much more than dry tumblers for cleaning. Had about 300 black powder .45 Colt cases that had sat uncleaned for a year or two. Lots of black stains on cases and inside was as bad as you could get. Ran then for 3 hours and would be hard to tell they were ever used. They do tarnish quick though. To polish you still need a dry tumbler but they are clean and reloadable without polishing.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I got mine in the late 80’s I think. Still going strong and gets used several times a month. If it died tomorrow hopefully they would replace it without the receipt but if not I would buy another one without hesitating.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    I use reverse osmosis water and dry quickly after many rinses and have zero tarnishing of my brass. Might give that a try.

Top Bottom