• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Since I'll soon be the proud owner of the dumbest handgun and caliber ever devised by mankind, I'm thinking I should get back into reloading.

Just wondering if that's still the kinda "go-to" kit to get started?

I really want to stick to a single stage or turret this go round. I used to have a Hornady Lock N Load but much like with women, I don't really have the patience any longer to deal with tinkering around with a progressive trying to make it work just right.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    That is what I started with. I later got a Lee Classic Turret. I still use the Rock Chucker for all hunting loads and resizing and primer pocket swaging on 223 and 300BO. I do everything else on the LET. I love them both.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I have that kit and still do 223 on it. It is a great kit. For pistol calibers I prefer the RCBS turret. It’s nice to do more than 1 step without taking the brass out of the shell holder. Since you already have some experience, I would go with a turret press. I don’t know if RCBS has a kit with a turret or not.

ISP3435

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    I have that and the LNL progressive. Still use the single stage for all my low volume and precision stuff. Very solid press.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah I'll probably be ok with a single for now just because I don't see myself doing more than perhaps a couple hundred rounds a month or so.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    The best for me....

Back in '73' or so, I bought my first press=RockChucker=This is better designed than the new model "RockChucker Supreme".
    This type can be had on E-Bay, is the old model with the bicycle grip style of operating handle.
    Later in the mid '80's I added a Dillon RL550 progressive.
    The RockChucker is on the right side of my bench, the 550 on the left.
    These two presses have served me well for close to 50 years of the Handloading hobby...Bill.

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    I’m partial to Hornady, I currently have the AP with all the works for my mass production and the single LNL for my test loads.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Had the AP before and I was not a fan. Could never get it to be totally reliable. It got to the point I would just load one round at a time, only starting a new case when the one before it fell in the bin. Biggest issues were priming and throwing the powder charge. Hopefully the new owner had better luck though.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I have nothing bad to say about the Rock Chucker, but, I chose the Redding T7 turret as my press.
    I got the simplicity of a single stage press, with the ability to load quicker and more efficiently.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The journey has begun. I'll upgrade to a turret later... probably. If/when I decide to start other calibers besides the 50ae

Top Bottom