• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    Hi Guys, If you are going to 1st time trim a bunch of 223 cases, do not bother with the quick trim set. I got the quick trim set up for several calibers and it works OK for some but I went to work on the 223 cases and was disappointed. The idea of trimming for length, inside and outside deburring all in one step sounds great. But it does not work. 1st, it is hard to tell if you got the length right every time. 2nd, it left burrs on the inside and outside so I had to chamfer both anyway. So I did not save anytime at all. If you are trimming for the 2nd or 3rd time or whatever, it would probably work ok but for 1st trim I am going back to the Lee cutter and stud.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    It does take a little time to get the hang of using the Quick Trim. I had one, used it for a while on my Dillon 550, but the brass shavings made a mess of the shellplate. I finally wrapped a shop towel around the shellplate only leaving the cartidge exposed, and in the end I didn't like that either. So, I now use the Lee cutter and a zip trim, to prepare the brass. It works pretty well.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I prefer using these- Giraud Tri-Way Trimmer - giraud tool company, Inc.
    I've tried the Lee and Dillon trimmers, the RCBS prep center with the brass trimmer and they all sucked compared to the Giraud timmer.
    I bought the quick trim set up and have used the one with the factory motor, both work great

Beat me to it. I've been shopping for a trim setup and it doesn't take a whole lot of web sleuthing to discover that the Giraud is overall fastest, most repeatable way to go. I'll be going with the TriWay as I have a power source I can use.

Top Bottom