• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    CCI used to carry the shell and plastic bullets. Just reload with a primer? I purchased mine through midway.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Can anyone help me find any .38 caliber 36 gr plastic rounds?

Hey Chef - are these the ones your talking about? I don't know the bullet weight but they're Winchester-Western stamped.

I have probably 50 or so, you can have them if you want them.

Plastic-38.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hey Chef - are these the ones your talking about? I don't know the bullet weight but they're Winchester-Western stamped.

I have probably 50 or so, you can have them if you want them.

Plastic-38.jpg

If he doesn't take you up on your offer, I'll buy them from you, for a reasonable price.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I 3d printed some 38 special ammo and a coworker loaded it up. He said it was 14gr. When we tested some of it, it sank almost all the way into a 2x8 board. I also shot some into bluejeans and it went through them no problem.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I have Speer cases & Speer bullets.
    Reloading manual Speer No. 11 tells you all the "how to". and "how to build a target" cardboard with rubber curtain made from truck or bike innertubes that allows you to shot them 20+ times without damage.
    you load with primers only.
    and they are about 400 fps from 4" barrel.

Last edited:

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    This thread takes me back. I used to drill out the flash hole on 38 special cases. (If you don't, primer set-back will lock up yer piece)

Primed the cases with orphan odds and end primers. Then push the mouth of the cases through about 3/8 inch thick paraffin wax sheet. Don't recall accuracy, but know for a fact they would obliterate water bugs in my basement.

Disclaimer; After detaching the souls of bugs from their mortal remains. I found that with only a primer for propellant, they would still shoot through one side of a plastic trash can. And I can't believe I have to say this but, BE CAREFUL....And, yes, I did have a mis-spent youth.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I use Speer plastic training bullets and a Model 19 in my backyard (Indy). I practice draw and first shot from 7yrds away with a shot timer.

well worth the $20 I have in the bullets.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have 1,000 wax bullets in .45. Have the long colt cases for cowboy shooting with them. I need to get the cleaner for getting the wax out of my pistol.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    This thread takes me back. I used to drill out the flash hole on 38 special cases. (If you don't, primer set-back will lock up yer piece)

Primed the cases with orphan odds and end primers. Then push the mouth of the cases through about 3/8 inch thick paraffin wax sheet. Don't recall accuracy, but know for a fact they would obliterate water bugs in my basement.

Disclaimer; After detaching the souls of bugs from their mortal remains. I found that with only a primer for propellant, they would still shoot through one side of a plastic trash can. And I can't believe I have to say this but, BE CAREFUL....And, yes, I did have a mis-spent youth.

They also cut through a sweatshirt and a tshirt and leave a really nasty welt on your back... I've heard.

Top Bottom