• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Does anyone have a trusted source for information regarding ammunition ballistics for military surplus / C&R rifles?

Why? Well, I recently got my C&R and plan to leisurely shoot my collection and will buy/reload ammo to do so. I would like the ammo ballistics (bullet grain/coefficient, muzzle velocity, etc) for each rifle to match the originally designed specs, sight in said rifle and stick to that ammo for each gun.

As a modern example, the M-4 is designed to use the M855 round with 62 grain FMJBT projectile, 3100-ish FPS muzzle velocity. One can expect M855 to have an acceptable tolerance that will keep one fairly accurate. M855 info is easy to obtain...what I'm looking for is to do this for 7.7 Jap Arisaka, 8MM Mauser, 30-40 Krag, Garand, Enfield, M44 / 91/30 Nagants, etc....

I have always made it a point (for consistency) to use the same ammo for each gun to maintain accuracy and not just grab whatever I see and wonder why this lighter grain, higher velocity bullet is shooting way high...you know what I mean?

I've tried to sift through all the crap on the internet and everything seems to be generic. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom