• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I've bought some Hoosier 124gr 9mm coated lead bullets. Want to find out what is suggested max speed they are good for and if anyone has shot them through stock Glock barrels.
    Thanks in advance

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I just picked up some sns coated 115s. Plan on staying in cast lead load data category. I'm going to give Titegroup a try since I have a couple jugs of it. Probably not the best choice for coated but will give it a try.

Also running Glock and an AR pistol. I wouldn't run them real hot. Coating won't handle it and leading can occur.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I also just worked up a 9mm load with these bullets, at 3.9g TG. I’m shooting out of a sig. I’m going for as light as will cycle the gun, not so worried about max velocity. So far, I really like these.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I like Alliant Sport Pistol a lot better than TG. Less smoke and the barrel dosen't get as hot. My Glocks, S&W, and Ruger PCC get feed only coated bullets.

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Not trying to hotrod these bullets. Trying to not lead my barrels.
    Anyone shoot these thru a Glock?

Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    I have not had any decent accuracy with coated bullets and a standard Glock barrel. A replacement barrel with cut rifling made a huge difference as I much prefer coated bullets in my handguns.

On another note, how is the quality of Hoosier Bullets? I’ve never heard of them and since they are closer to me than my other vendor, I would consider them.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I have not had any decent accuracy with coated bullets and a standard Glock barrel. A replacement barrel with cut rifling made a huge difference as I much prefer coated bullets in my handguns.

On another note, how is the quality of Hoosier Bullets? I’ve never heard of them and since they are closer to me than my other vendor, I would consider them.

I recently started using them for plinking and practice. They’re as good as any I’ve used in the past. They’ll be my new go-to, as they’re priced competitively and locally made. Good stuff as far as I’m concerned.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just ordered in 30lb of Hoosier bullets. I'll let you know how well they shoot and if there is any leading and if there is at the velocity it occurred.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Last edited:

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Any updates on leading in Glocks or load data? I'm am wanting to use these bullets for my Springfield RO 9mm and my son's G48. -Jason

I'm running them fairly hot, with no leading. The 124gr. seem fine in my pistols.
    Good people at Hoosier.

Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    I get no leading in my Sigs and a little leading in my Glock, although in a non factory barrel. By the way, quality and accuracy are excellent. I highly recommend them.

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom