• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    Hey peeps. So im looking at the RCBS trim pro 2, the forester original, or le wilson, or the hornady cam lock? The cam lock is the cheapest but the forester and wilson get better reviews.

thoughts?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    For .223, .308 and .30-06 I use the Girdaul tri-way trimmer mounted to an old bench grinder.
    There's a thread around here called the poor man's Girdaul ( or something like that).
    Having said that. We have a RCBS trim pro sitting on the bench, doesn't get used much ,they kinda suck

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    For .223, .308 and .30-06 I use the Girdaul tri-way trimmer mounted to an old bench grinder.
    There's a thread around here called the poor man's Girdaul ( or something like that).
    Having said that. We have a RCBS trim pro sitting on the bench, doesn't get used much ,they kinda suck

ive been reading that alot about the rcbs. Seems alot of people talk highly of the forester and wilson trimmers. A little more expensive but if they are good products then its justified.

TheDude8102

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2014
    Greenwood
    I have been very satisfied with my Little Crow Gun Works World's Finest Trimmer(WFT) 2 in case you haven't heard of it. Once set it seems to be very accurate and the speed of trimming cases on it is nice.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    This has been recommended to 7hat before...

Ask me how I know??..

you know i was thinking ive asked about this before and I remember someone recommending that trimmer before. I apologize if it was a dual post. I pulled the plug and ended up getting the forester trimmer. I wanted the mini lathe style of trimmer.

So many decisions in the reloading hobby man sometimes its difficult to make the correct one.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    you know i was thinking ive asked about this before and I remember someone recommending that trimmer before. I apologize if it was a dual post. I pulled the plug and ended up getting the forester trimmer. I wanted the mini lathe style of trimmer.

So many decisions in the reloading hobby man sometimes its difficult to make the correct one.

You did well, 7hat.
    The Little Crow is specific per caliber, but works well, and FAST.
    I have the WFT in .223 Rem., .22-250 Rem., .308 Win., and .30-06 Springfield.
    These are an addition to my RCBS Rotary trimmer for the rest of my rifle calibers..Bill.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    You did well, 7hat.
    These are an addition to my RCBS Rotary trimmer for the rest of my rifle calibers..Bill.

Thats another reason i went with the forester, the fact i can do multiple calibers on it.

I know you didn’t mention it but I use the layman universal case trimmer with the attachment for a power drill. Works pretty good.

Midway did not have these in stock. I look at it though when i first started shopping.

I really like my L.E Wilson for rifle cases.

i liked the le wilson. Only reason i went with forester over the le wilson was due to having to buy each specific holder for the wilson.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    You did well, 7hat.

I know you didn’t mention it but I use the layman universal case trimmer with the attachment for a power drill. Works pretty good.

I really like my L.E Wilson for rifle cases.

This is the one I have and I love it. Most everything I do is lower quantities. When I start doing .223 I’ll probably get a WFT. Right now the one with the platform is even cheaper.

https://www.brownells.com/reloading...Manufacturer_1=SINCLAIRzz1zzLxzzxExzzx+WILSON

thats nice! I like the idea of having the micrometer adjustment for sure. The one thing that moved me in a different direction than the wilson is the fact you have to buy the different holders for different calibers.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    It depends on how many calibers your doing and what fits your situation best. I’m doing both .243 and .308 so I’m using the same case holder, since a .243 is a necked down .308.

Falconpuch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    NW Laf
    I'm a Giraud Triway fan, I've used so many different trimmers and this one does it all Trim, chamfer and debur. I have one for 308 and 223

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    Giruad triway mounted on a cordless drill, it’s the best money I have spent in the reloading category. I can trim, chamfer and debut about 500 cases in the amount of time it takes to watch one episode of Married with children. I had the WFT and I sold it because it wasn’t has good as the Giruad.

Top Bottom