• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    Does anybody know of a shop that would carry Lee die parts?
    I need the decapping stem for the Lee full length sizing die for 308.
    Hoping to get now so I do not have to order.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    My opinion ONLY...

Hell, as cheap (Price+Quality) as Lee dies are, just buy yourself a new set, and then you will have extra parts...

And as said upthread, while you are using the new set, you can order a replacement for your broken part from Lee..

Probably by the time that you do the mailing, and S&H, you are close to 1/2 way to the price of a new Lee die set??

AGAIN... Just my opinion...Bill.

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    I need to process 1000 pcs. of once fired mil. 308 cases this weekend. That is why I do not want to order a part. If there is no shop in Indy that has one, I will buy a spare set of dies.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I need the decapping stem for the Lee full length sizing die for 308.

I need to process 1000 pcs. of once fired mil. 308 cases this weekend. That is why I do not want to order a part. If there is no shop in Indy that has one, I will buy a spare set of dies.

^^^Here is probably the reason??
    Be REAL sure that you are NOT trying to de-cap Berdan primed cases==No de-cap stem likes those.

Just look down the case mouth of all of your military brass==If they have ONE centered hole they can be loaded.
    If they have TWO small holes on each side of the center, then they are scrap for the most part..

Trust me, we have all been there...Bill.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've had one break in 30 years of reloading it was an RCBS. I pulled it out and it not only broke the tip off but it had a hairline crack in it. I took a picture sent it with email. They responded 3 days later told me I had a new one in the mail and tracking number was with the email. Thats customer service right there. I believe it was faulty material. Have not had a problem since.

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    I cannot fault the Lee dies, my buddy was sizing his brass on my press and did not get the importance of getting the case all the way in the shellholder. He punched clear thru the web on one and the pin rolled up on the next one. I was impressed with how tough that pin is. Got it taken care of and now have spares.

Top Bottom