• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    A friend told me she had some “reloading stuff” she was trying to get rid of. She wasn’t sure what all was included, and I’m not a reloader either. When I got home from work I found it was quite a lot of equipment. Lots of brass, primers, powder, dies, etc. In a large box were the items below. Can anyone tell me whether this stuff is still in serviceable shape? What’s missing? Any other info?

5DbCmqf.jpg

1nql9RM.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The blue thing is a scale, balance beam type. Looks like 2 lee presses a couple of powder measures. A spare head for the press on the right, I believe. Are the presses the same maybe? Hard to tell in the pic. At least one piece that I do not recognize.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The handles on the presses seem different, but I have no idea. I’m trying to decide whether to send the useful pieces off to reloader friends, or if I have enough to learn how to do it myself without a huge investment. Thank you for your help!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    At least one of those is a Lee 1000 progressive press. Maybe both but not sure. There is a bag of revolver brass in the picture that is likely either 38 special or 44 mag. Looks like possibly 3 sets of dies so 3 different calibers that can be reloaded.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    At least one of those is a Lee 1000 progressive press. Maybe both but not sure. There is a bag of revolver brass in the picture that is likely either 38 special or 44 mag. Looks like possibly 3 sets of dies so 3 different calibers that can be reloaded.

I didn’t picture a whole bunch of brass and different dies. What would I need to add to make this a functional setup? Aside from help from someone knowledgeable.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I didn’t picture a whole bunch of brass and different dies. What would I need to add to make this a functional setup? Aside from help from someone knowledgeable.

That's hard to say without someone looking at it in person. I see 4? different powder dispensers. I only see one primer feeder and it is missing the tray. Bullets and brass can be fed by hand but it slows the process. I think I see part of a brass feeder on one press but the feed tubes are missing unless they are in a box somewhere.

I would say there is a good chance one of those presses could be put back into use with some work and a few replacement accessories. Probably....

Top Bottom