Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

What do I have here?

A friend told me she had some “reloading stuff” she was trying to get rid of. She wasn’t sure what all was included, and I’m not a reloader either. When I got home from work I found it was quite a lot of equipment. Lots of brass, primers, powder, dies, etc. In a large box were the items below. Can anyone tell me whether this stuff is still in serviceable shape? What’s missing? Any other info?

'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

User Info Menu

The blue thing is a scale, balance beam type. Looks like 2 lee presses a couple of powder measures. A spare head for the press on the right, I believe. Are the presses the same maybe? Hard to tell in the pic. At least one piece that I do not recognize.
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

User Info Menu

The handles on the presses seem different, but I have no idea. I’m trying to decide whether to send the useful pieces off to reloader friends, or if I have enough to learn how to do it myself without a huge investment. Thank you for your help!

User Info Menu

At least one of those is a Lee 1000 progressive press. Maybe both but not sure. There is a bag of revolver brass in the picture that is likely either 38 special or 44 mag. Looks like possibly 3 sets of dies so 3 different calibers that can be reloaded.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Expert

User Info Menu

Like already posted the top is a Dillon balance beam scale.
    Goggle will show you pics...
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    At least one of those is a Lee 1000 progressive press. Maybe both but not sure. There is a bag of revolver brass in the picture that is likely either 38 special or 44 mag. Looks like possibly 3 sets of dies so 3 different calibers that can be reloaded.
    I didn’t picture a whole bunch of brass and different dies. What would I need to add to make this a functional setup? Aside from help from someone knowledgeable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsharmon7 View Post
    I didn’t picture a whole bunch of brass and different dies. What would I need to add to make this a functional setup? Aside from help from someone knowledgeable.
    That's hard to say without someone looking at it in person. I see 4? different powder dispensers. I only see one primer feeder and it is missing the tray. Bullets and brass can be fed by hand but it slows the process. I think I see part of a brass feeder on one press but the feed tubes are missing unless they are in a box somewhere.

I would say there is a good chance one of those presses could be put back into use with some work and a few replacement accessories. Probably....
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Here is a picture of a Lee 1000 with everything set up for reference.

User Info Menu

There is a container full of plastic tubes. So maybe just some clean up and a few new things.