Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Wolf .38 spl ammunition

Took some out to the range yesterday and shot it through a S&W M686, S&W M686+, S&W M442, S&W M66, Taurus 605, and a Taurus Tracker. The fired cases stuck in everyone of them. I had to knock them out with a screw driver ram rod style. Is this a common problem with this ammo?

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Yes it is. Multiple threads on this. S&W forum have quite a few.

User Info Menu

The steel cased stuff? Yes, it's dog

I think Leadeye has some experience with it as well.
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Yep. I had a box of it for my 642. Every empty was a PIA to get out.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Expert

User Info Menu

I was given a box of Wolf 130 gr. FMJ when I bough a S&W 337. I pulled the trigger on one round in it and that was enough. It plain stung. Tried it in my 3” model 60 and it seemed hotter than Sig 125 gr. FMJ In 357. Once that box is gone, I will not be using that 💩 ever again. If it wasn’t free, it would have been more $$ than it was worth.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have never had any good luck with wolf except in 7.62 x 39 is ok

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DocIndy View Post
    I was given a box of Wolf 130 gr. FMJ when I bough a S&W 337. I pulled the trigger on one round in it and that was enough. It plain stung. Tried it in my 3” model 60 and it seemed hotter than Sig 125 gr. FMJ In 357. Once that box is gone, I will not be using that  ever again. If it wasn’t free, it would have been more $$ than it was worth.
    I may need to look into this stuff. Finding factory .38s with sufficient charges to make 125000 PF is super rare.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CZ evo3 View Post
    I may need to look into this stuff. Finding factory .38s with sufficient charges to make 125000 PF is super rare.
    3.7 Green Dot with a 158 gr lead or moly coated wil do it.

With my bad experience wiyh Wilf 45. Wjen I saw they came out with traditional revolver rounds I wondered. I had some Wolf 45 that locked up both a S&W M&P 45 and a 625. Had the same screwdriver ramrod with 625. The M&P had to reaort to a rubber mallet. I threw the other 2 boxes away

Steel case might be good for AKs but id avoid it with anything else