• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bphelps100

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2020
    Crown point
    Ok so I bought this used Dillon 650 a couple weeks ago and for the life of me I can’t get it adjusted to push the cases all the way into the plate. It just pushes it to the edge. Doesn’t even start it into the plate. Anyone in NWI willing to come look at this thing and help me out? I’m stumped and I want to get this thing rolling.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Look for the black plastic 'triangle' (for lack of better works) that actuates the case pusher. There is a set screw on one side of it. It can be loosened and adjusted to set the depth at which the case is pushed into the shellplate. Move it back and forward to adjust.

It is also reversible, one side drops pistol casings, the other drops rifle.

Last edited:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Maybe, I had same problem after cleaning and maintenance I removed grease from part. Does the slide plate from ramp have a bit grease on the bottom of it? That stabilizes the case moving across it. If not there it doesn’t always make the case get into shell plate.

Steelworker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Allen County
    1. Are you pushing the handle away from you the whole distance? Not just returning it to the neutral position, but actually pushing it the final amount? That last bit is what pushes the case into the shell plate. It also seats the new primer.

2. Otherwise I’d say it’s what Aszergarin is talking about.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Look for the black plastic 'triangle' (for lack of better works) that actuates the case pusher. There is a set screw on one side of it. It can be loosened and adjusted to set the depth at which the case is pushed into the shellplate. Move it back and forward to adjust.

It is also reversible, one side drops pistol casings, the other drops rifle.

The rod sticking down to activate the 'Triangle' needs both adjusted & lubricated,
    Along with the track the case shuttle rides on.
    I use a needle oiler for the track, easier than grease.

Check to see if the shuttle track piece, where the case rides along when pushed, is the correct one.
    Wrong ramp and you get a lip the case has to jump.
    Retract the shuttle fully and you can lift that track out by hand.

Make sure your case plate doesn't have anything under it, a raised plate will cause a lip to jump over also.
    If you can read the number, it's right side up.

The 'Triangle' ramp/shuttle spring retracts the shuttle, moves it away from shell plate...
    A weak/broken spring can keep the shuttle from fully retracting, and the case can't drop fully into the slide piece between drop and case plate, and can cause issues (but not usually this one).

Does it seat primers?
    Is the primer ram getting into the case?
    Primer ram can limit 'Push' travel and not seat the case in the shell holder.
    Doesn't happen often, but it's a dead stop when it's adjusted too far 'Up'.

I have some pictures for a tutorial on tuning the 650, but I'm having issues posting them on this forum... Sorry...

Top Bottom