• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    It appears this is going to be worse than the last time things got stupid.. Just looking at GB and bulk pack 9 brass case is edging toward $500. What's your best guess on when this might end? Also this might be a good place to post where you are finding 9MM and what it costs since many of us are "in the market"..

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Just another teachable moment to buy and save up, then some more when you think you have enough. If you haven’t learned that from the last few ammo shortages/panic buying then I don’t know what to tell you.

i have had luck with ammoseek.com

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    looks like you'll have to spend some of that

stimulus cash.......

and get a revolver...

maybe anorher cal. pistol.....

finally cave & start reloading..

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I hear they're taking away the 9mm cartridge with the LTC in November, unless we agree on a tax and 10 round 'clips'. Stock up no matter what the cost.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

stimulus cash.......

and get a revolver...

finally cave & start reloading..
    Can't get anything else, because I read on the INGO that only 9mm actually works.

Back to the OP. It doesn't look like it will end until after the election the way this is going. And then if Biden wins or the Dems take both houses, it will get way worse.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I cast, powder coat and load my own 9mm, so the cost per round out of pocket now is just the powder and primer. W231 or Bullseye goes a long way in 9mm too when loading 120 grain plinking or 155 grain subsonic rounds for my suppressor. Have a Dillon Square Deal that when I have enough brass saved up, just go into a long production round, then switch over to 38 Spl and do the same since I cast for that round too...

Picked up an old Hornady ProJector press from Slow Hand here and finally getting the plate to set it up exclusively for .223/5.56 plinking/practice ammo. Just need to get me a bunch of powder and 55 grain bullets to go with the 2-3k cases I have been saving over the last few years.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

stimulus cash.......

and get a revolver...

finally cave & start reloading..[/QUOTE]

Somebody obviously hasnt looked for components recently. Reloaders now are having the same difficulty as ammo buyers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bought when things were reasonable. So I'm going to pass on the current market.

Yeah me too.

Unless you have been financially devastated due to situations beyond your control.....and you have not listened to the learned scholars here in the forum.....and you have no ammo.....well......:dunno:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I hear they're taking away the 9mm cartridge with the LTC in November, unless we agree on a tax and 10 round 'clips'. Stock up no matter what the cost.

I was beginning to think Senator Obtuse was drafting legislation again.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    For those that have stocked up and prepared for the lean times, why is it so difficult to believe that the lean times are upon us again?

This is exactly what we were preparing for, isn't it?

Is there a psychology that explains why we prepare for the bad times and then don't want to admit that the bad times have come? It almost seems like hard-core preppers just want to prep, no matter what. The times can always get worse so there is never a time to stop prepping. Maybe that is a true formula for success. I haven't figured it out yet.

For those that have recently decided to become gun owners or take practice-time seriously, sorry, you are too late.

For those that prepared, is it time to profit and sell down the stores a little (and risk the name-calling that will come with it)? Or is it time to sit back with the knowledge that you have done well and will weather the storm better than others?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For those that prepared, is it time to profit and sell down the stores a little (and risk the name-calling that will come with it)? Or is it time to sit back with the knowledge that you have done well and will weather the storm better than others?
    I always tell myself that I will sell some during the next big panic and make some extra money, but when the time comes, I struggle to sell anything. I keep thinking "what if I need it"...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    For me it's not prepping or selling. Ammo was down in price. I use ammo. I switched my focus to buying ammo. Now it's up in price. I have ammo. I'm not buying ammo. I'm not selling either, I didn't buy enough for everybody.

Top Bottom