• ...and so much more!
  • John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    attachment.php

It happened today loading 9mm. I sent an email to Hornady support. I don't expect a quick response due to Chinese Lung AIDS and all that, but I guess we will see.

Thankfully I have an addiction to reloading equipment so I can still use my 550B, Lyman turret, Lee turret, various single stages, etc. :):

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_162800~2.jpg
      IMG_20200719_162800~2.jpg
      563.5 KB · Views: 144

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have dealt with them in the past with mixed results. Some stuff they were Johnny on the spot. One other time I must have been dealing with a new guy because I had to move up the ladder a few rungs to get someone with enough authority to make things right.

They will probably take good care of you and have you making rounds in no time.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I've dealt with them before and have no doubt that they will make it right. When I bought the press it was used and some parts were missing and Hornady sent out the parts needed at no cost.

Even if they don't cover it I wouldn't be too upset. It's run more than 50,000 rounds and has been reliable during that time. If I have to buy some parts I won't be upset about it.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Never seen that on a Hornady before.
    Never say you have seen everything... Or something like that will pop up.

Twice I've seen the frame break on Hornady, once on a .223 machine and once on .357 rounds.
    Never seen a broken ram before...

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Hornady is sending out the parts I asked for, no questions asked. It is what they have always done when I needed anything.

I'm thinking that the LnL probably wasn't made for the kind of usage that I have put it through. I purchased it a year and a half ago and have run well over 40,000 rounds through it for sure, most likely more than 50,000 rounds. I have my eye on a 1050 with an autodrive for bulk 9mm and brass processing and then keep the LnL for .40, .45, .38 Special, etc. The wife gives me a hard enough time about the amount of time I spend reloading. It should be an easy sell if I tell her I can do the same amount of loading in half the time, then I can spend the same amount of time and end up with twice the ammo. :rockwoot:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Glad to hear it worked out. The only thing I've had an issue with, which was 100% on me, was a broken de-priming rod on a Lee Die. They basically have a one-time free part for every product they offer. Got a replacement within a week.

Top Bottom