Anyone have eyes on small pistol primers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    When the March Covid nuttiness hit I ordered 3000 from Bass Pro and Cabelas. They were on backorder but I could still place my order and but about a month later they started trickling in a few boxes at a time through the mail. Fed Ex lost a couple packages (typical) but they resent them out as they came back in stock. I know you have to pay the Hazmat fee which sucks but if you order large amounts then it lessens the cost per primer because Bass Pro / Cabelas only charges you one Hazmat fee once per order even if that order ships in multiple shipments like mine did. I also ordered different types of primers on the same order (Remington, CCI, Federal, Winchester) because not all primers come back in stock at the same time and that way I got some gradually to reload. One Hazmat fee for multiple shipments made the Bass Pro / Cabelas the place that worked best for me.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I suggest you get to know the guy that owns your local reloading shop. Right now they are only allowed to order a very limited amount. Last I heard CCI was only letting each smaller dealer order something like 20K primers at a time. Don't quote me on that number, but I remember thinking that it was an amount that a dealer could sell on a Saturday with no issues.

Tell them you are in need, offer to pay in advance and have them just call you when they come in. Worst thing they can do is say no.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I suggest you get to know the guy that owns your local reloading shop. Right now they are only allowed to order a very limited amount. Last I heard CCI was only letting each smaller dealer order something like 20K primers at a time. Don't quote me on that number, but I remember thinking that it was an amount that a dealer could sell on a Saturday with no issues.

Tell them you are in need, offer to pay in advance and have them just call you when they come in. Worst thing they can do is say no.

Wish I had a "local" reloading shop. None near where I live. I think the closest one on the map near me is a 2 hour drive to Seymour. That's why I have to order online or drive to Ohio to the nearest Cabelas & Bass Pro.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I went to the Cincinnati Bass Pro today (actually in Fairfield just a few minutes north of Cincy). They had Federal small pistol primers and I have had good success with those. They keep them behind the counter. I asked the associate how many I was limited to and he said there was no limit. I only took 500 and they still had several thousand left - I didn't want to be a hog so I left some for others. They were $4.99 per 100. They were out of all powders. Only shotgun ammo (bought some shells for Trap & Skeet) and they had some Berry's Bullets (250 boxes) of various grains of 9mm and 40SW and only one grain of 45-70. I bought a couple boxes of the 9mm bullets (115 gr. and 124 gr.). Not sure if this was an aberation or if they are starting to get more in stock at the stores. Happy Hunting

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I hope your kids don't have to clean out your buried Con-ex boxes. They won't know what to do with all that.... bullllll -****.

LOL... Hey. Let me know if you need something from Greentown again, I can easily pick it up and toss it on a ups truck.. I was impressed with your shelfs of rimfire...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Kokomo Gun Show this weekend so if you PM Brian, he may bring them to the show for you or you can drive over to his surplus shop.

Top Bottom