Since when is 9mm FMJ going for $.40/round?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Saw someone asking $500 for a case of 1000 fmj 115gr 9mm....

Checked gun.deals and lowest price I saw for non-reloads was $.40/round

I have no need right now, but is 9mm sold out everywhere? What? Why? Lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Where have you been sir. This has been ongoing since the shut down and .40 a round is cheap compared to some places I have looked. More like 45 cents a round.

No knock Amigo but this aint old news

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    And both 40 and 45 are cheaper than 9.... if you can find it!

Glad I'm stocked up, but I see this getting worse before it gets better. Every time I see a vendor get more stock - the price is a bit higher and their still selling out just as fast. 223/556 is running $0.55/rd.

To think I was called borderline gouging for listing some 9mm at $0.35/rd.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    First it was disease, food shortages, and industrial shutdowns.

Then riots, looting, and arson and the media trying to start a race war.

Upcoming critical election.

People want security and are willing to pay for it. Self defense guns and any ammo for them are now in short supply. Prices have increased accordingly.

If Biden wins, expect new draconian gun control within the first 100 days. If Trump wins, expect riots, looting, arson, and violence for months after the election. Either way, things are not looking good for the average productive citizen and that drives demand for firearms, ammunition, and accessories.

Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    No wonder my friend was really happy when I gave him a couple of 50-round boxes of Federal HST. It’s probably more than $1 a pop these days, if it’s available.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

People want security and are willing to pay for it. Self defense guns and any ammo for them are now in short supply. Prices have increased accordingly.

If Biden wins, expect new draconian gun control within the first 100 days. If Trump wins, expect riots, looting, arson, and violence for months after the election. Either way, things are not looking good for the average productive citizen and that drives demand for firearms, ammunition, and accessories.

Lol perhaps this is why the prices are up...smh fear fear fear it ain’t happening.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    And both 40 and 45 are cheaper than 9.... if you can find it!

Glad I'm stocked up, but I see this getting worse before it gets better. Every time I see a vendor get more stock - the price is a bit higher and their still selling out just as fast. 223/556 is running $0.55/rd.

To think I was called borderline gouging for listing some 9mm at $0.35/rd.
    I’ll give you $0.37...

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I offered up 9mm at $0.30 rnd. this weekend thinking that was fair and the prospective buyer who'd just bought a gun from a store with no 9mm ammo in stock passed; suspect he expected to pay no more for it than I did 10 years ago. :dunno:

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I offered up 9mm at $0.30 rnd. this weekend thinking that was fair and the prospective buyer who'd just bought a gun from a store with no 9mm ammo in stock passed; suspect he expected to pay no more for it than I did 10 years ago. :dunno:

Yeah, I guess we’ll see if this improves or gets worse. I expect deploying army guys to detain citizens doesn’t bode well.

Clark & Addison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Gibson County
    I bought some today at Rural King for $0.25/round. Happened to be there as they were restocking. It was PPU. First time I've bought that brand so I'm not sure what it usually sells for.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove

Your newsletter, sign me up. That's a good take on the nuttyness. (yup, that's a word)

Top Bottom