• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    A couple weeks ago, I was bored and cruising around Brownell's website and saw that they had PTR 101s in stock, so I impulse bought one. :cool:

I know it's a bad time to add a new caliber to my arsenal, but I jumped on it anyway. It's been several years since I owned a .308, so I'm out of touch with ammo pricing. I expected to pay panic prices for just enough ammo to zero my rifle and break it in, and I can wait for the panic to end to really stock up.

I bought a couple hundred rounds of Norma TAC-308 at ~ .70 cents per round. Yesterday, I went to check prices on the website that I bought it from, and they were out, so I googled it. I clicked on MidwayUSA's website, expecting it to be overpriced, and it was listed at $1.00-$1.05 per round, but apparently they've discontinued selling it. Then I I read a review that said "This is the best 308 ammo Ive ever used save Lapua, with the kicker that its 1/3rd of the price. I would wait for the .70/rd sales, and ultimately bought a bunch of cases. Probably enough Norma brass to reload for over a decade." EDIT: this review is 4 years old.

Is .70 cents a round the normal price for this ammo? Also, what is a normal non-panic price for quality FMJ .308 ammo? What price should I be looking for when this current panic ends?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A couple weeks ago, I was bored and cruising around Brownell's website and saw that they had PTR 101s in stock, so I impulse bought one. :cool:

I know it's a bad time to add a new caliber to my arsenal, but I jumped on it anyway. It's been several years since I owned a .308, so I'm out of touch with ammo pricing. I expected to pay panic prices for just enough ammo to zero my rifle and break it in, and I can wait for the panic to end to really stock up.

I bought a couple hundred rounds of Norma TAC-308 at ~ .70 cents per round. Yesterday, I went to check prices on the website that I bought it from, and they were out, so I googled it. I clicked on MidwayUSA's website, expecting it to be overpriced, and it was listed at $1.00-$1.05 per round, but apparently they've discontinued selling it. Then I I read a review that said "This is the best 308 ammo Ive ever used save Lapua, with the kicker that its 1/3rd of the price. I would wait for the .70/rd sales, and ultimately bought a bunch of cases. Probably enough Norma brass to reload for over a decade." EDIT: this review is 4 years old.

Is .70 cents a round the normal price for this ammo? Also, what is a normal non-panic price for quality FMJ .308 ammo? What price should I be looking for when this current panic ends?

You missed a good deal.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022537988

bar68

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Auburn
    I recently purchased a AR-10. While looking, I seen multiple types of M80 ammo at Target Sports USA for 50 cents a round. I got notice that the Lake City M80 was back in stock. They jumped the price from 50 cents to 70 cents per round. I have been buying ammo from them for years and this the first time I have seen them do this.

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    .70 a round is what I paid for cheap federal last week. Not terrible because I only shoot 308 occasionally. .50 a round would be great though

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I couldn't help but order some more of this when I posted it. Arrived today.

Mine arrived yesterday. Looks like good stuff, and I actually got 203 rounds. :)

Was going to order more after I got a look at it, but I've been busy, and now it's out of stock.:(

Top Bottom