• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I’ve recently ordered some ammo from Defender, which is a relatively small manufacturer (veteran-owned, for those who appreciate that) out of NC. Though they have virtually no stock lately, they have kept their prices reasonable-ish (10mm JHP for $.60/round) and offer $10 flat rate shipping regardless of quantity. I’m going to give their ammo a try and will report back next week, but in the meantime was wondering if anyone had any experience with their ammo.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I’ve recently ordered some ammo from Defender, which is a relatively small manufacturer (veteran-owned, for those who appreciate that) out of NC. Though they have virtually no stock lately, they have kept their prices reasonable-ish (10mm JHP for $.60/round) and offer $10 flat rate shipping regardless of quantity. I’m going to give their ammo a try and will report back next week, but in the meantime was wondering if anyone had any experience with their ammo.
    Following this.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Shot 50 rounds of this the other day and no misfeeds. Shot just as accurately as the Blazer ammo that I was shooting at the same time. For what it’s worth, both the Defender and Blazer were 180 grain and the advertised muzzle velocity was 1200 FPS for both. I loaded one magazine with both brands mixed and I couldn’t tell the difference when I shot them. I’ll definitely make another purchase when they have stock!

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Small outfit, huh? Did you ask if they had liability insurance?

I didn’t mean to ignore your comment on this. Also, this is probably going to sound like I’m being a smarta** in written format, but I assure you I’m not. I didn’t ask about their liability insurance for a few reasons. First, they are highly rated on Ammoseek, which I use for other ammo purchases. Second, I checked out their Google reviews, Facebook reviews, website and even YouTube and they seemed like an actual, legit manufacturer. Given all of that, I figured that there was minimal risk in buying a couple of boxes of their ammo. Ended up with good results though and wanted to share.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    When I inquired with them about the 450 bushmaster ammo they said they use New Starline brass. Not sure if this is true of all their offerings
    Thanks. I suppose commercial reloads using once-fired-brass are close enough to new, that that was a rhetorical question

TheQuietMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2020
    Morocco
    I’d try anyone if I could actually find .45acp in stock. Teaching the wife to shoot and got lower than I want to be and there’s no ammo anywhere.

I been working with my niece's son. We're doing the pellet gun this afternoon. I need to pick up a few extra tins of pellets. Only have a couple left now.

Top Bottom