• ...and so much more!
  • Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I found new flat nose hard ball brass/lead .357 magnum in bulk for about $.37/round. I dont know anything about .357 prices as i just got my first revolver the other day, is this a fair price for it? I plan on expanding my .357 lineup with a Rossi or big boy (depending on what I can find) in the next month or so, so id like to buy in bulk. Thanks -BRC

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'd say if you can buy it for .37 per round, you better buy it quickly before it's gone.

I too just got a 357 revolver and am not able to find anything under .80 per round that's in stock.

I decided to buy all the components(cases and bullets) and a set of dies. By the end of the week I'll have everything I need to load 1k rounds and cost looks to be around .24 per round and that's factoring in the cost of the 4 die set.

Last edited:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Holy crap on that first link t-squared, 80¢/round?! That cant be normal, i bought bought a 50 round box for $17. I think im going to send the wife first thing tomorrow morning to pick up a case. He had 3 yesterday and its not a well known place so hopefully he still has one or two.

d.kaufman that sounds like a pretty good deal, i dont have anything to reload with though. Ive been considering it though since i cannot find any 9mm or .223 and when i do its limited on what i can buy.

Thanks mcapo

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Holy crap on that first link t-squared, 80¢/round?! That cant be normal, i bought bought a 50 round box for $17. I think im going to send the wife first thing tomorrow morning to pick up a case. He had 3 yesterday and its not a well known place so hopefully he still has one or two.

d.kaufman that sounds like a pretty good deal, i dont have anything to reload with though. Ive been considering it though since i cannot find any 9mm or .223 and when i do its limited on what i can buy.

Thanks mcapo

Only problem right now with getting into reloading is primers are extremely scarce and extremely expensive if you can find them right now.
    Thankfully I have a good stockpile of primers

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Only problem right now with getting into reloading is primers are extremely scarce and extremely expensive if you can find them right now.
    Thankfully I have a good stockpile of primers
    Yeah it was just something i was considering, in reality its probably mot something ill actually do anythime soon. Id need more space to setup another hobby. My spare room is full between my safe and 3D printing setup (that may soon make its way to INGO as a side business) and my shed is full of 2 motorcycles, my toolbox, compressor, etc. I just dont have any more room right now lol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah it was just something i was considering, in reality its probably mot something ill actually do anythime soon. Id need more space to setup another hobby. My spare room is full between my safe and 3D printing setup (that may soon make its way to INGO as a side business) and my shed is full of 2 motorcycles, my toolbox, compressor, etc. I just dont have any more room right now lol.
    You could do something like I did maybe. In addition to my regular loading bench, I wanted something portable so I could reload out on my deck if I wanted to. I took two pieces of 2x6 and mounted my press on them. I actually made 2 of these - one for my single stage and one for a Lee turret press. Then I got a grinder stand from Harbor Freight. It's heavy enough to be sturdy, but only takes up about an 18" square footprint. Using two C-clamps, I can attach the press "assembly" to the grinder stand and use it that way. Plus the grinder stand has a little shelf under the top that can be used to hold bullets, or brass, whatever. Something to think about if you don't have much room.

Actually I see chezuki has the same set up, just with a more permanent top mounted directly to the grinder stand:

rimg.php

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/342464-limited-space-reloading.html

rawbeervoter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2020
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I'd say if you can buy it for .37 per round, you better buy it quickly before it's gone.

I too just got a 357 revolver and am not able to find anything under .80 per round that's in stock.

I decided to buy all the components(cases and bullets) and a set of dies. By the end of the week I'll have everything I need to load 1k rounds and cost looks to be around .24 per round and that's factoring in the cost of the 4 die set.

Hello dkaufman - Would you be willing to share your price list you put together to load .357 mag? Did you already have reloading gear? I'm picking up my first revolver soon and .357 is new to me. I'm having a hard time finding reasonable ammo, so this may give me an excuse to learn how to reload. Thank you.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hello dkaufman - Would you be willing to share your price list you put together to load .357 mag? Did you already have reloading gear? I'm picking up my first revolver soon and .357 is new to me. I'm having a hard time finding reasonable ammo, so this may give me an excuse to learn how to reload. Thank you.

I am already setup to reload, so the only expense related other than components, was the die set.

I paid $40 for the 4 die set

Roughly $65 for 1k bullets(various weights)

I was given some once fired brass by an awesome INGO member and purchased some from 2 other INGOers as well. Giving me, with what ammo I do have (future spent cases) 1050 cases of 357 and 38 spcl total. Roughly $60

1k primers that I already had prior to insanity, $30

Roughly 2lbs of powder $45

Roughly $240 - $250 to load 1k rounds, or .25 cents per round

Initial investment for the reloading equipment has long since paid for itself

rawbeervoter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2020
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I am already setup to reload, so the only expense related other than components, was the die set.

I paid $40 for the 4 die set

Roughly $65 for 1k bullets(various weights)

I was given some once fired brass by an awesome INGO member and purchased some from 2 other INGOers as well. Giving me, with what ammo I do have (future spent cases) 1050 cases of 357 and 38 spcl total. Roughly $60

1k primers that I already had prior to insanity, $30

Roughly 2lbs of powder $45

Roughly $240 - $250 to load 1k rounds, or .25 cents per round

Initial investment for the reloading equipment has long since paid for itself

Very helpful, thank you.

Top Bottom