ocentzW.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am starting to see some pricing in the ammo section here that has my head spinning.
    I may or may not have dumped an ad last night. Plausible deniability.
    People...........:dunno:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I bought Winchester white box 9mm @ $0.28/rd shipped this morning. It's out there but only lasts for minutes.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I do not know how Cheaper than Dirt stays in business, I would NEVER purchase anything from those people. They have pulled the "soak the customer" every time they get a chance.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    There was a time when cheaper than dirt didn't wait for the first opportunity to screw the customers that helped build their business. I used to buy lots of ammo from them 20 ish years ago. I've long since sworn them off after they were the first one to put a $60 price tag on a pmag and it only went up from there. There may come a day when that $2 per round is considered a cheap price, and they are free to charge whatever they'd like, but I am also free to never shop there again or ever purchase from them again. I am blown away that time after time this happens and people still return to do more business with them.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It is well known the CTD is always the first to raise prices and gouge customers. I’m really surprised anybody shops there at all. I haven’t bought anything from them since the first ammo crisis, or was it the second, maybe the third. Luckily I learned my lesson years ago and have sufficient quantities on hand to last this one out, I hope.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I also am surprised they are still in business. I used to buy from them, but like others here, I swore them off with the overpriced mags during the last, or second to last, or whenever crisis.

There must be enough people still buying from them, though.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Not trying to stir here, but really am curious.. does anyone know what the ammo wholesalers or manufacturers are doing with their prices? I know in the building industry right now some common items have skyrocketed in price, and so has meat products. Do you think it is the retailers or wholesalers? Or just simply supply and demand? Or just that they can?

Top Bottom