• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Went shopping to Greensburg today with the better half. She had a few stops to make. First off we hit rural king. While she shopped, I perused the Firearms/Ammo section. Not a bad selection of firearms but I'm not needing. Like dont need ammo but was checking. The ONLY handgun ammo I saw were few boxes of 22LR and 4 Boxes of 38 Special. NOTHING ELSE. Even the long gun ammo was in very short supply and a bit expensive. So on to Wally World for her next stop. Easy find there -- Big Sign "We do not sell handgun ammo". They had a few rifles but none at the clearance level prices. So while she wanted to hit Goodwill for a little while, I hit the other two lgs's I know of in Greensburg. Again not very much in stock. The one had 4 boxes of 9mm hp's in the 20 pack for a good price. Did see 4 boxes of 44 mag for 37.00.

I hadnt been shopping around lately so I guess I now know what people are talking about. Sure glad that 1.) I am pretty well stocked up and 2.) I reload almost all my calibers. Also glad I have a pretty good stock of reloading supplies.

Guess since the libs cant get the guns, they will somehow shut down the ammo trail. Either that or we are really buying it all.

Just my observations for a lazy friday.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    2-5 million first time gun buyers this year. Even if they only bought a single box with their new purchase, that's a big chunk out of the market.

And that doesn't even account for the rest of us (more millions) that may have gone out and bought a few (lots?) extra after seeing the writing on the wall.

Ask those working at the LGS (if you can get one away from assisting a firearm purchase) -- ammo comes in at the new market prices and it's gone in days.

Dan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Warsaw
    Just found at bulkammo 1000 rounds of wolf .223 steel going for $505. Last time I purchased 1000 rounds of federal .223 brass at $299. I knew prices were climbing but I didn’t know it was that high

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Just found at bulkammo 1000 rounds of wolf .223 steel going for $505. Last time I purchased 1000 rounds of federal .223 brass at $299. I knew prices were climbing but I didn’t know it was that high

Global Ordnance had Tula .223 steel at $283 per 1k while it lasted today. It's just very difficult to catch the "reasonable deals".

Dan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Warsaw
    Man that’s way better than anything I’ve been finding. I appreciate the tip as well, I’ll have to look them up and see what’s available.

Top Bottom