• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Check Active self protection youtube channel on ballistics performance. Poor. I'd recommend Fed, Winchester, etc. and study on what works best in studies. Might be fun to shoot into water jugs though!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    While novelty ammo comes in all sizes A good general rule stick with standars for caliber weights so for 9mm it would be 115 to 147 gr range with actual Police shootings having an edge with 124 to 147gr range

Also the main makers Speer, Federal Win, Rem, Sig etc

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The idea was to cause more bleeding thus stopping the bad guy faster if a vital organ was not hit.
    I personally think Federal has a better deal with it's Federal Syntech defense rd. [video=youtube_share;xjl2HftYkmI]https://youtu.be/xjl2HftYkmI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;dma2-rK2UYo]https://youtu.be/dma2-rK2UYo[/video]

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Supposedly good stuff in ballistic gel, but then gel makes a lot of crap bullets look good. Unfortunately the human body isn't gel. Skin, bones, fat, muscle all have differing densities and hardness and varying densities really degrade the performance of this ammo with the only portion of the bullet that actually does much is the very small core.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I would be afraid to carry just due to the name. Wouldn’t look good in court..? Anyway, I’ve read some reviews, research. I’ll pass.

A lot of names are just tacky. And while perception is important it depends. Criminally your probably worrying to much. In 33 years of seeing Military, Municiple and Federal court systems at work never saw a case where the Prosecutors sole means of pursuing let alone winning a case was a mean name or caliber of bullets or back plate inscription. In those cases it was ALWAYS the facts pointing to a bad unjustified shoot. No different than those YouTube trigger jobs.

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    shootingthebull did a good review on it a while back

[video=youtube;psGFPRpWZ3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psGFPRpWZ3w[/video]

Top Bottom