Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Ammo

User Info Menu

R.I.P Ammo

Picked up a box of rip in 9mm anyone ever shot these, they almost look like a novelty round

User Info Menu

They are generally considered a novelty round.

Messy, shallow wound without much penetration.
    https://www.luckygunner.com/380-acp-...-hp-20#geltest

Been hiding under a rock or making a run?

User Info Menu

Junk

User Info Menu

Check Active self protection youtube channel on ballistics performance. Poor. I'd recommend Fed, Winchester, etc. and study on what works best in studies. Might be fun to shoot into water jugs though!

User Info Menu

I thought this was a thread claiming all ammo is now deceased.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan2828 View Post
    Picked up a box of rip in 9mm anyone ever shot these, they almost look like a novelty round
    Thats an interesting name of ammo. Never heard of it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

While novelty ammo comes in all sizes A good general rule stick with standars for caliber weights so for 9mm it would be 115 to 147 gr range with actual Police shootings having an edge with 124 to 147gr range

Also the main makers Speer, Federal Win, Rem, Sig etc

User Info Menu

The idea was to cause more bleeding thus stopping the bad guy faster if a vital organ was not hit.
    I personally think Federal has a better deal with it's Federal Syntech defense rd.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Expert

User Info Menu

I would be afraid to carry just due to the name. Wouldn’t look good in court..? Anyway, I’ve read some reviews, research. I’ll pass.

User Info Menu

Supposedly good stuff in ballistic gel, but then gel makes a lot of crap bullets look good. Unfortunately the human body isn't gel. Skin, bones, fat, muscle all have differing densities and hardness and varying densities really degrade the performance of this ammo with the only portion of the bullet that actually does much is the very small core.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast