• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    So point blank is now only selling certain calibers of ammo to people qualify under the following (they aren't putting it on the shelf)

1) You're buying a firearm from them
    2) You're a "member"
    3) You are shooting on their range

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up and not waste your time stopping in if you didn't know this already.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But, But, That violates the INGO rules, if they have ammo, 9mm for example, it must be on a shelf and available at $6.99 for a box of twenty. Otherwise they are just gouging...

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    This happened to me at RK a few years ago. Bought a gun and asked about ammo. Sales guy reached under the counter and pulled some out for me. There wasn't any on the shelf.

Also, when I bought my CZ scorpion from an online dealer, I asked about extra mags, and was able to buy several. The website said out of stock, so I'm pretty sure they were holding them back for customers that bought guns.

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    I was there this week and asked what their ammo rules are. If, in they have what you need, they'll sell you 5 boxes if you use the range. I kind of got a wink if you were to, say, shoot just a box or two and leave with the rest. Not ethical, but I'm sure people are doing it.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I was there this week and asked what their ammo rules are. If, in they have what you need, they'll sell you 5 boxes if you use the range. I kind of got a wink if you were to, say, shoot just a box or two and leave with the rest. Not ethical, but I'm sure people are doing it.

You're still giving them money that's 100% profit for services so I guess that's the intention. They probably also want to have ammo for people who come just to use the range and rent guns.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Explain further on this 100 percent profit for services please...

I'm just saying you're giving them money to occupy their space. They don't have to give you anything physical in return other than you standing in a shooting lane. They have already paid for this to be set up, there are already people working there being paid to monitor this. It's basically another way to get more money by limiting ammunition sales only when you use their range. They get to keep 100% of the money you give them to use the range. Obviously there's some serious overhead when building a range, maintenance, etc, but by requiring you to use the range to buy ammo, they get to keep 100% of that $12 or whatever the cost is and part of that money doesn't go to the cost of the ammo they just sold you. I'm not saying that's their intent as the policy is likely there so that there is ammo available for those who want to use the range and need ammo, but I'm also saying it's pure profit vs just selling you the ammo they get a cut of the sale, the entire purchase price isn't profit purchase price - cost of ammo from manufacturer = profit.

Does that explanation make sense?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I'm just saying you're giving them money to occupy their space. They don't have to give you anything physical in return other than you standing in a shooting lane. They have already paid for this to be set up, there are already people working there being paid to monitor this. It's basically another way to get more money by limiting ammunition sales only when you use their range. They get to keep 100% of the money you give them to use the range. Obviously there's some serious overhead when building a range, maintenance, etc, but by requiring you to use the range to buy ammo, they get to keep 100% of that $12 or whatever the cost is and part of that money doesn't go to the cost of the ammo they just sold you. I'm not saying that's their intent as the policy is likely there so that there is ammo available for those who want to use the range and need ammo, but I'm also saying it's pure profit vs just selling you the ammo they get a cut of the sale, the entire purchase price isn't profit purchase price - cost of ammo from manufacturer = profit.

Does that explanation make sense?

Ok....

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I'm not sure why that would not be ethical? Are they supplying only ammo that is to be shot at their range at that particular session?

I get 100% why they are doing it, and it actually makes quite a bit of business sense to alot a currently scarce/highly demanded item, to help pull through additional use of their additional lines of business.

I'm just not clear on you raising the ethical question on the part of the consumer, if PB is allowing purchase of 5 boxes of ammo for range customers. But then I don't know the wording of anything they may have up at the store, or their specific policy other than what is posted here.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    "Purchase price - cost of ammo = profit."
    It is not quite that simple. Purchase price - cost of ammo = margin.
    Margin - overhead and expenses (building, payroll, insurance, advertising, heating and cooling and a plethora of other expenses) = profit.

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    I'm not sure why that would not be ethical? Are they supplying only ammo that is to be shot at their range at that particular session?

I get 100% why they are doing it, and it actually makes quite a bit of business sense to alot a currently scarce/highly demanded item, to help pull through additional use of their additional lines of business.

I'm just not clear on you raising the ethical question on the part of the consumer, if PB is allowing purchase of 5 boxes of ammo for range customers. But then I don't know the wording of anything they may have up at the store, or their specific policy other than what is posted here.
    There isn't any wording that I've seen yet.

Top Bottom