• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    Anyone here have experience with the Redding dual ring carbide sizing die in 45 ACP? It sound promising but would like to hear experiences from others first.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Anyone here have experience with the Redding dual ring carbide sizing die in 45 ACP? It sound promising but would like to hear experiences from others first.

This is just another "Fix" for Glock Bulge cases, most common when fired in Gen 1 and Gen 2 .40 S&W Glock factory barrels.
    Not so much a problem/factor in the .45acp. due to the acp being a 'Low Pressure' load.
    As stated upthread, I see no reason for it in the acp loads..Bill.

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    My understanding is it minimizes the sizing on the case as opposed to removing bulges from under supported chambers. But the second ring is for sizing the 'neck' section only.

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    Most full length dies tend to over-resize the case. With my Dillon, RCBS and Redding pistol dies it's normal to visibly see the bulge where the bullet base is seated in the case. I believe Redding was reducing how much they are squeezing the case to a diameter smaller than that where the bullet is seated. I think that's the thinking behind the die.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Most full length dies tend to over-resize the case. With my Dillon, RCBS and Redding pistol dies it's normal to visibly see the bulge where the bullet base is seated in the case. I believe Redding was reducing how much they are squeezing the case to a diameter smaller than that where the bullet is seated. I think that's the thinking behind the die.
    I see the same bulge in factory ammo too. Never seen a problem with the bulge. I think it may also give you a little more neck tension to help prevent bullet set back. As long as they feed ok is all that matters to me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom