• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For me its a hard no. But I thought the price was low enough it was worth sharing for a good laugh. If I had an extra $100 laying around I'd buy a set just to take to the range and see how awful they are. My gut says they'd fail.

$99 plate carrier WITH AR500 plates.

https://www.ar500armor.com/ar-freeman-q4.html

I suspect the only difference between running this or not is I'd just die with $100 less in my bank account. :):

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Definitely better than nothing. I wouldn't use it as a primary rig, but it fits the bill for something you can keep in a desk drawer at the office in case of an active shooter.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think these are designed to be an ultra minimalist option. The plates are small. Something easy to pack in a bag. I also saw somewhere they met the criteria for some types of competitions. (I don’t know enough about 2 gun or “tactical” matches to know if some divisions require armor.) My question is this, could something small like this be worn over soft armor? For example if police or security had a soft vest could this be tossed on over top to provide some sort of plate.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have Ar500 armors Veritas package. Very nice for the money. I've thought about purchasing the Freeman for my youngest daughter. Would provide full coverage protection on a small frame and not be to overly cumbersome for her at the same time...at least that's my thoughts

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Would I trust it to stop the bullets it says it does? Yup. Would I rely on it as my primary ballistic gear....nope. Better than nothing, but I've seen enough shootings to realize that I want the most coverage (area) possible. 9x9 is a massive compromise in my opinion. As I posted in another thread I opted for a vest that covered the majority of the torso with pockets for rifle plates.

Perhaps use this for a small child?

I might add that I also have 2x of the level 3 plates from ar500 armor and these are very heavy. 8 lbs each for the 10x12 cut. Thin but heavy. The composite plates weight a bit less but are thicker so it's a trade-off I guess.

My lead time for the 2x level III Plates was 10-12 weeks and it took 12 weeks to deliver FYI. I ordered August 1st and got them at the end of October.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Was looking at the Testudo. What does left/right orientation mean? I shoot pistol left and rifles right.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks!

I also figured out that if you get the bundles, don't do any add ons. The RESIST coupon 20% off doesn't work on the Sale bundles. So I added the side armor and trauma packs separately to the shopping cart. I also added the ultimate pack kit separately. Same thing with the belt. ON the bundle I put together it saved another $70
    I
    choose right handed. According to AR500 the orientation refers to what side of the plate will be cut slightly deeper allowing for more comfortable shouldering of the rifle on that side. Explained in 1st minute of this video

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom