• ...and so much more!
  • profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I have a couple of 10mm guns and they're among my favorites to shoot. I was at the range a couple of weeks ago and the range officer asked me if I was going to pick up my brass. When I said no, he shrugged and said, "most people that shoot 10mm reload it, so they pick it up."

I don't have any plans to reload it, but I shoot enough 10mm that I wondered if anyone would be interested in buying my once-shot brass if I were to start picking it up. I shoot a lot of CCI Blazer and Magtech, if that makes a difference. Have some Sellier & Bellot also. I would probably want to make a little money from it, but would certainly would be very reasonable and not want much for it.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone would be interested, the range officer made it seem like I was the only weirdo that doesn't reload 10mm, lol.

TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    hi, I'd send a pm but I can't. I am starting to reload and I could certainly use 10mm brass. I'm starting from nothing. It was not the best time to get into shooting a new caliber right now.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    hi, I'd send a pm but I can't. I am starting to reload and I could certainly use 10mm brass. I'm starting from nothing. It was not the best time to get into shooting a new caliber right now.

I know what you mean, I need 1/2+# of Accurate #7 powder to finish a batch I've been working on and it's now where to be found.

TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    I've seen some around but you would have to call around to find it. The powders haven't dried up like the primers have. If you can't find 7 you should be able to find something else that works.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I've seen some around but you would have to call around to find it. The powders haven't dried up like the primers have. If you can't find 7 you should be able to find something else that works.

Well I was trying to find out if I could use Hercules 2400 powder but I haven't found any recipes yet.
    And I have called every local store and checked online with no success.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well I was trying to find out if I could use Hercules 2400 powder but I haven't found any recipes yet.
    And I have called every local store and checked online with no success.
    I believe its Alliant powder now Alliant 2400 I am pretty sure is the same as Hercules 2400. Just double check/research it for yourself and safety. This is what I found in the Alliant data manual

180-gr Speer GDHP 2400 CCI 300 Hornady Brass COL: 1.250 Max Charge 12.8gr 1214 FPS

Just back off at least 10% from maximum listed charge to start.

Link to 2400 load data
    Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Thank you for the Herc/Alliant info.

Another member contacted me and was willing to sell me a pound bottle of Accurate #7 that he had so I could
    finish up my batch.

Thanks to all.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    To be extra safe I'd go 15% lower to start. Hercules sold out to Alliant. If its identical it might be or it may be slightly different. Just use caution work your loads up from the low side.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I did some research and Alliant says they did not change the formula for the 2400 powder and I found a test that confirms it. So their one in the same.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I shoot 10mm in a 1911 frame, and it's a really good combo for me, don't know about anyone else.
    I got hooked on 10mm watching a guy knock down bowling pins and steel plates.
    Good round if you don't want to carry "Super Duper Double Mag" but don't mind the recoil.

Top Bottom