Looking into digital powder measures. Who has one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Whos got one and how do you like it? I've been getting into more precision bolt action reloading and throwing a charge then trickling is a huge pain for me. I've got a few in mind mainly due to price and was just wanting some other peoples opinions before I drop the money on one.

RCBS Lite is running around 289 on Midway. But currently Natchez has it on sale for 229.
    Frankford Arsenal is running around 199 on Midway. But currently Natchez has it on sale for 179.
    Hornady Lock and Load is running around 299 on Midway. But currently Natchez has it on sale for 159.

I'm currently leaning towards the Hornady from Natchez just due to the price alone. I've been watching some Youtube videos but just wanted to know your guys' opinions and pro's/con's of the press you have.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I have the RCBS chargemaster. I don’t reload anything without it. My uniflow is just collecting dust.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I've done a little more research and I'm marking out the Hornady for sure. They seem to have too many issues that seem to be a pain to adjust. Even with the good price I'm gonna skip it.

I'm still stuck between the 180 dollar frankford and the 230 rcbs lite. Although it seems rcbs is the favorite here.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the RCBS Lite. It seems to have really good reviews on Youtube and people here seem to like RCBS powder equipment.

I ended up getting the Lite for $230. I thought about doing the full on Chargemaster but couldn't justify the money to store load data since I already keep paper copies.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I think you’ll be happy with it. I have the regular chargemaster. I don’t know all the differences between it and the lite, but I only reload a few different calibers so I don’t store any of my recipes on there. After calibration, it’s pretty easy to hit 4.4 or 25.0 and dispense.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I think you’ll be happy with it. I have the regular chargemaster. I don’t know all the differences between it and the lite, but I only reload a few different calibers so I don’t store any of my recipes on there. After calibration, it’s pretty easy to hit 4.4 or 25.0 and dispense.

yeah I think I’m gonna like it. The main differences I saw was that it didn’t store load data. Which I’m fine with. It appears that the lite has a faster motor so it loads a little quicker

jglevyjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I have the RCBS Chargemaster. Only use it for rounds that the Dillon 450 powder dispenser has problems with accuracy: i.e, very small charges like 380 Auto. Chargemaster is a champ for this using RCBS Rockchucker.

drm-hp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I have a friend that shoots on the U.S. Palma team, he introduced me to the Chargemaster. He has two, I have three of them. They just work.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I have the FA intellidropper and like it fine. don't really bother with the bluetooth aspect but it seems to work great. the calibration does make it dispense pretty quick.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I was really thinking about the FA version mainly due to price. But do to the overwhelming support for RCBS I went ahead and spent 50 extra bucks and got the RCBS. Got it in the mail today! Can't wait to mess around with it

sgthud

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Fishers
    I have been using a [FONT=&quot]RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Scale and Dispenser Combo for 6 years and have not had any issues with it[/FONT]

Top Bottom