• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    They say that Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want. Well, as hard as it is to believe that I make mistakes, I am no stranger to bullet pulling. When you handload for over 21 different calibers, a bullet puller is a nice piece of equipment to have.

I am now on my latest replacement puller the Hornady LNL Puller. Bullet Pullers & Bullet Collets - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc. I have a RCBS Collet Puller Standard Bullet Puller without Collet | RCBS as well but for speed and convenience in pulling, the inertia type works best for me and its portable.

I have wore out or broke Quinetics Quinetics Corporation , RCBS, Frankford Arsenal, and Cabelas pullers. This latest one pictured seems to be robust and is has only been on my bench a short time. We will see. On the ones that have metal shaft/handles, the plastic heads have broken. On the ones with stronger heads, the plastic shaft would break. Two pullers ago, the rim around the collet deteriorated. I have since went with an option Shim from Quinetics to protect the plastic mouth from eroding. This works well if the rest of the tool holds up.
    In pulling bullets it is very important that you follow some safety guidelines. Of course wear glasses. Also when you rap the head, make sure you hit the hard surface square. Most pullers have a cushion catch for bullet impact so you should be able to recover the components, including the powder.

My hope is, that I will never have to use this tool again, but what the hay, there is always that experience thing going on.:rockwoot:

IMG_0347 (002).jpg

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Someday I'd like to see someone make this style of puller with a all-in-one stepped collet/shell collar for the three sizes so the o-rings would have a larger area to attach and eliminate need to search amongst one's clutter for the size currently needed; if only I still had a lathe.

Top Bottom