• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    We at Atkinson Firearms want you to be informed on who recognizes our Conceal carry before you travel for the holiday season. Please visit Handgunlaw.us and click on Indiana and it will show you which states recognizes our CC permit. Happy Holidays and be safe. Atkinson Firearms

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thank you for the correction. License To Carry!

I'm amazed it took nearly 1.5 hours before somebody :stickpoke: the Concealed Carry. This is INGO after all.

Handgunlaw.US is an excellent resource and that is good advice AF. My next drive to Florida I may need a crib-sheet. The basics are pretty easy to keep on track. Can't go in a bar area in Kentucky (sit by the lobster tank in Red Lobster.) Signs have force of law in Tennessee. Alabama's firearms laws look like Indiana's liquor laws. Florida is CC only/no bar carry.

It's when you start getting in the weeds of the other State's laws it makes your head explode. In Kentucky, you can't carry a firearm at a meeting of a board (water company, etc) even if you're in a place where otherwise it would be legal, unless you are on the governing board.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I suggest printing the relevant parts of state laws, there are enough laws that LEOs don't know all of the exceptions--like out of state travellers

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I always check handgunlaw.us but Fo not take anything on the internet as law. You never know if the site was updated after any recent changes so I follow up with the state police in any state I am traveling through or to and confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I check handgunlaw.us before I travel and make a cheat sheet for each state:

Must Inform Officer by Law: ?? good to know in case you get pulled over for a traffic violation
    Permits Honored: IN move to trunk and comply with transport laws if necessary
    Places Off-Limits: Schools, etc... ?? look for those unusual items you take for granted in Indiana
    Rest Areas: ?? make sure you can hold more than your **** when you stop
    No Gun Signs - Force of Law: ?? can't always ignore like in Indiana
    Open Carry: ?? while I don't generally open carry, sometimes I am sloppy about how well I conceal, do I need to be careful not to print?
    Applebees/Bar: ?? distinguish how you are treated in Applebees family area vs. the bar area vs. a real bar

I quickly scan the rest of the state laws in advance and decide if I need any special notations as well as check for updates since the last time I traveled.

Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    I check handgunlaw.us before I travel and make a cheat sheet for each state:

Must Inform Officer by Law: ?? good to know in case you get pulled over for a traffic violation
    Permits Honored: IN move to trunk and comply with transport laws if necessary
    Places Off-Limits: Schools, etc... ?? look for those unusual items you take for granted in Indiana
    Rest Areas: ?? make sure you can hold more than your **** when you stop
    No Gun Signs - Force of Law: ?? can't always ignore like in Indiana
    Open Carry: ?? while I don't generally open carry, sometimes I am sloppy about how well I conceal, do I need to be careful not to print?
    Applebees/Bar: ?? distinguish how you are treated in Applebees family area vs. the bar area vs. a real bar

I quickly scan the rest of the state laws in advance and decide if I need any special notations as well as check for updates since the last time I traveled.

KittySlayer, nice work on being so organized on knowing what and what you can't do while traveling. Hopefully this will help others become better informed while traveling. Thank you

Top Bottom