• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    One of my shooting buddies mounted a Holosun 507c mini red dot sight on his Glock 45. Over the course of a few months, I shot a couple of hundred rounds with it. My eyesight isn’t what it once was and I found I shot tighter groups with Glock 45 / Holosun combination. I wrestled with the idea of putting a Holosun on my Glock 17. Finally decided to give it a try.

Holosun released another version of the 507c with a green reticle called 507c-GR and I bought one from Atkinson’s. I took the optic and my Glock 17 to Allen Moore and had him mill my slide to fit. As expected, Allen did a wonderful job of milling and mounting.

The 507c models have three reticle modes, circle reticle, a dot reticle and a combination of the two. I found the circle looks round as it should even though I have an astigmatism in my dominate eye. The dot looks less than round. I like the green color reticule. There are other features with the optic such as auto off and shake awake.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have been shooting the Glock 17 with the Holosun 507c-GR inside and outside. The green reticle is easy to see and my groups are much tighter at 25 and 50 yards. I should have gone with the dot earlier.

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Yeah, Allen turned me to the dark side, too. He showed me the 507C GR (probably yours). He did an excellent job on my slide, too. I’m going to run it in the carry gun match tonight, just hoping not to get last.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have the 507c-GR also, the green is bright and easy to see outdoors. My only issue with it, is the I can not turn on the auto mode. I press + for 3 sec and the reticle will flash but it will not move to auto mode. Worked out the box that way but I moved it to manual mode and now it will not go back. Not a big deal as I like manual mode but this concerns me.

Top Bottom