• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    So another night of not sleeping and this is what I find myself thinking about...

Where would be your ideal place to live?

I grew up in Zionsville. I can't really pinpoint it but I've always loved the Greater Indianapolis area. Don't really have any desire to go far from home. I've always wanted to have a place north of town where it's more woodsy and country like (up by Johnson Safe). I guess my ideal home would be one that I would build up in that area with plenty of land. Trees, a little more secluded, house a ways off the road, perfect place for a decked out home range :D to me that would be my perfect place.

What do you guys think? Doesn't have to be in Indiana or even very detailed. Just wondering where you'd all prefer to be and why.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Rolling hills... hardwood forests... Ravines... Creeks...

I'll take Shades State Park and/or Pine Hills Nature Preserve, please.

But be sure to include high speed internet. Gotta have that.

-J-

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Northeast Georgia. Rolling hills, great bike riding area, milder winters, great hunting, and sparsely populated.

If I can't move there I think I'll join Joe in Hooterville. :):

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    We picked a small town. Wife was an air force brat as a child but then her dad retired to a farm in BFE. She didn't like being in the middle of nowhere but didn't want to live in a city. We have just enough neighbors and conveniences to make us happy without feeling crowded.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Montana. Lots of space, property in remote areas is inexpensive. No sales tax.
    As long as one can stand the isolaton. Had a cousin who lived in Billings just about went nuts because there is nothing out there. Sounds perfect to me. And one would have to learn to be totally self sufficent, cuase if SHTF Montana would be way down the priortty list. But on the other hand, don't think there is any thing in Montana worth attacking. Just need to win the lottery ans build on of thos totaly self suficient homes. Just remembered got a Mega Millions to check...

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Right where I'm at, here in Morgan County. Indy_Guy_97 and jmildoc just described where I live and have, but no gated driveway......yet.

I have lived in other places and been just about everywhere in this country as well as other countries, but here is where I want to be and no matter how much money I have I will always live right here in my little cabin in the hills and woods of Morgan County,

Top Bottom