• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im just curious what you folks would do in my situation. i bought a scope for my father on a diffrent site. im in a bit of a hurry because he is using it on a hunt in 1.5 weeks. i got aaccepted offer 60 hours ago and 5 minutes after he accepted my offer i sent a email asking for a address, and phone number. since i had no responce i sent a email saying "thanks for wasting time i dont have. i could have bought a new scope and had it here by now. deals off

what would you folks have done? should i have given more time?

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    did you make it known that you had a timeline to work with? you don't really specify how long you waited till you complained. was it 60 hours? if so, that's really not a lot of time.

i mean, when i'm selling something i check the forums daily, but not everyone is online as frequently.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    yes i waited 60 hours from the time i sent my last email. i did specify i was in a hurry.

imo if you don or cant check every day you should not sell on line. i think 24 hours is plenty of time.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    If you are selling something and accepted a sale, I think 24 hour response is nice and 48 hour response is required. 60 hours? Too long.

AccuRat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just north of nowhere...
    60 hours is plenty of time. If the deal isn't consumated in 48 hours, something's amiss. Good comms are key. Sounds like the fellow did the right thing, though, by offering to overnight it at his cost.. Sometimes things just get delayed, things come up, other matters take precedence. Glad it looks like it's working out for you though.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    did you make it known that you had a timeline to work with? you don't really specify how long you waited till you complained. was it 60 hours? if so, that's really not a lot of time.

i mean, when i'm selling something i check the forums daily, but not everyone is online as frequently.

Balderdash. It's a helluva lot of time. And if the situation were reversed and the seller was getting antsy about a buyer not making timely payment, I'm betting you'd probably side with the seller. Particularly if the buyer refused to communicate a reason for being tardy.

rcjack86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Indianapolis/Lafayette
    I do not think the forum should be the primary means of communication after negotiating a deal anyways. Especially since most of the stuff sold on here is prety expensive. I wouldn't do business with anyone unless I had their cell phone number.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    If you are selling something and accepted a sale, I think 24 hour response is nice and 48 hour response is required. 60 hours? Too long.

I agree with this. I've used eBay a lot, and there are tons of auctions that specify that payment is due immediately at end of auction, or immediately with Buy it Now, or within 24 hours. If someone expects my money that quickly, I expect their response that quickly also.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I do not think the forum should be the primary means of communication after negotiating a deal anyways. Especially since most of the stuff sold on here is prety expensive. I wouldn't do business with anyone unless I had their cell phone number.

in my message i ask for his phone number. within 4 hours of posting this i had a tracking number.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    60 hours is more than enough time. if they want your money, i would say wait no more ten 24 hours. but it looks like it may have worked out for you.

Top Bottom