• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    One of the guys I used to work with. Was addicted to pain killers. He would spend about $300 a week on them. Not to long before I got fired. He went to rehab. We, had a suspicion he only did it because, he had no points left. So, he would have gotten fired, if he did not do so. A friend from there called me last night. He has known the guy a lot longer then me. He said, that he has been off since labor day. He never went to the doctor. So, he is going to get fired. On top of that. Him and his wife got a foreclosure letter. The sad thing is this. They have two young daughters. He always, talked about his babies came first. So, I would say, then why spend all your money on drugs? I do not feel sorry for him. He dug his own grave. However, I feel very sorry for his daughters. It's sad when parents do not put their children first.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    That is the pain of the addiction: Comes before kids. Addictions can make folks say they put their kids before their needs, but means nothing. To be honest, having known a ton of addicts: You can never trust a bloody thing they say, no matter what. They have "good intentions" but that is before you catch them cleaning out your medicine cabinet.

Rehab, foreclosure, losing kids, these are all things the addict will face and should. Kids will harden over time, people move to affordable housing, families move on. But the hard truth is they should leave the addict behind. Even if they clean up, the chances of them getting over their addiction are few and far between. If the addicts were stronger people, the addiction would have never been there to begin with.

Weep for them, yes. But giving folks "second chances" when they have ruined their lives because of an addiction they had a chance to avoid to begin with is strange to me. Instead, give support to the family, send the addict to rehab.

Reps for echoing common sense in your post: Support the family, not the addict. Don't feel sorry for them, they have done nothing to earn your pity. It is a self inflicted issue from poor self control. Darwinism is a harsh term, but a necessary one in today's colder, stranger and more lucid world.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    In his heart his kids came first , but in his mind the addiction took over.
    Were these prescription pain pills?? Too bad for his family and for himself.
    I hope he can get himself some help.

Top Bottom