• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    one brand the local dollar store has is tracfone. I bought one and have no complaints.

they are a pay-as-you-go system, where you buy refill minutes at the dollar store or walmart.

for me, it was handy that the minutes last 90 days

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I just bought an AT&T "Go Phone" to replace my wife's phone. Pull the SIM card out of the non-working phone and put it in the new phone. She's under contract and not eligible for an upgrade with AT&T. So, go spend $60 for a brand new Samsung with a full keyboard to get her through the end of the contract. I have a $15 Nokia that I take hunting with me. Switch the SIM card so that if I drop a phone in the lake, it won't be my iphone. It's maybe the ONE nice thing about AT&T.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have used the Tracfone and Net 10 systems for years, I don't use my phone like a giddy teenager so I dont' need anything but a phone, I don't need 10k texts or calls,

I pay for what I use and don't pay for stuff I don't need, if you break it down to the cost per minute yes they are more expensive than a plan, BUT if you only use the phone for communication and not socializing (like I do) and guess what sometimes I go for 2 months and don't pay anything, then go buy $40 worth of minutes and it lasts, I admit in December when were coordinating holiday stuff I use more but other times I go many months without buying minutes.

And if the phone goes bad about 1/2 the time you can talk Tracfone out of a replacement if you want to wait, or just go to xmart and buy another and transfer your minutes over and go

read all fine print of those contracts, I don't want anybody to have a hand on my money for 2 years without me being able to walk away

Top Bottom