NE Indy, Hamilton County Monthly Breakfast?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    There seems to be a pretty large group in the Fishers/Noblesville area. Is there any intrest in a monthly breakfast which could maybe also be a starting point for a range trip? Please respond with your preference on day and time if this is something you may be intrested in, and if we get a decent amount of intrest I'll get it set up. I would like to see it be the first Sunday of each month at 9:00 AM.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm just looking for input right now, but if Saturday mornings would be better just throw out the suggestion. Whatever works for the most people is what works for me.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    I always like getting together with you all for breakfast. Bruenor has organized a couple of these in the past, and Golden Corral has been friendly to us. Saturday is better than Sunday for me.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    This sounds like a great idea. Saturday am is best for me as well. I am also a member at Atlanta CC and would be happy to host a Hamilton County INGO shoot there. Per the club rules, guests are allowed three visits before they need to apply for membership and if you live in HC it is the best $100 you can spend.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Smitty,
    That's kinda what I was thinking about, but I know Atlanta has there IDPA matches every first Saturday. Would the second Saturday work? Does Atlanta have things there on the second Saturday? I'll look on their website for confirmation and get back with everyone.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Smitty,
    That's kinda what I was thinking about, but I know Atlanta has there IDPA matches every first Saturday. Would the second Saturday work? Does Atlanta have things there on the second Saturday? I'll look on their website for confirmation and get back with everyone.

Yes, IDPA has the range on the first Saturday of each month but they rarely use all eight bays.When we get closer to a set date I will contact the match director Jeff and make sure he doesn't mind us setting up in an open bay. My hope with this is to meet new folks and introduce them to action style shooting. Once you run and gun everything else is pretty boring:)

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Ok. The first Saturday in December there is an IDPA match I would like to shoot. The second Saturday, the 11th would work out unless any of you are planning on shooting in their Cowboy Match.

They have not posted the schedule for 2011 so I am just hoping we could plan on the second Saturday of each month. Obviously there will be times when some can't make it, but if we do it on a steady basis we should attract some new bacon eaters. Obviously spouses and well mannered children would be welcome as well.

If I don't hear any screams and shouts can we agree on 12/11/10? :dunno:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    12/11 sound good to me. What type of shooting should we start with? I usually start with a uspsa style 20+/-rd stage and then move things around and do some 2 or 3-gun style shooting. If we do some 3-gun we will need a couple boxes of clays. If someone has steel targets they can also be used but we are not allowed to use the club steel, it is under the control of the match directors.
    I will have plenty of uspsa targets,pasters and the handy staple gun. We can also do a .22 only 2-gun stage for anyone not ready for center fire shooting.

Top Bottom