• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Take the test first, WHAT KIND OF TYPOLOGY ARE YOU?

• Total voters

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Enterpriser

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Enterpriser typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues.
    Enterprisers represent 9 percent of the American public, and 10 percent of registered voters.
    Basic Description
    As in previous studies conducted in 1987, 1994 and 1999, this extremely partisan Republican group’s politics are driven by a belief in the free enterprise system and social values that reflect a conservative agenda. Enterprisers are also the strongest backers of an assertive foreign policy, which includes nearly unanimous support for the war in Iraq and strong support for such anti-terrorism efforts as the Patriot Act.
    Defining Values
    Assertive on foreign policy and patriotic; anti-regulation and pro-business; very little support for government help to the poor; strong belief that individuals are responsible for their own well being. Conservative on social issues such as gay marriage, but not much more religious than the nation as a whole. Very satisfied with personal financial situation.
    Who They Are
    Predominantly white (91%), male (76%) and financially well-off (62% have household incomes of at least $50,000, compared with 40% nationwide). Nearly half (46%) have a college degree, and 77% are married. Nearly a quarter (23%) are themselves military veterans. Only 10% are under age 30.
    Lifestyle Notes
    59% report having a gun in their homes; 53% trade stocks and bonds in the stock market, and 30% are small business owners – all of which are the highest percentages among typology groups. 48% attend church weekly; 36% attend bible study or prayer group meetings.
    2004 Election
    Bush 92%, Kerry 1%. Bush’s most reliable supporters (just 4% of Enterprisers did not vote)
    Party ID
    81% Republican, 18% Independent/No Preference, 1% Democrat (98% Rep/LeanRep)
    Media Use
    Enterprisers follow news about government and politics more closely than any other group, and exhibit the most knowledge about world affairs. The Fox News Channel is their primary source of news (46% cite it as a main source) followed by newspapers (42%) radio (31%) and the internet (26%).
    Note: All descriptions and percentages are based on the national sample of adults surveyed by telephone in December. Based on your answers to the survey questions, you most closely resemble survey respondents within this group, even though you may differ significantly on one or more issues or traits.
    In the overall typology there is a ninth group called “Bystanders” who are defined as adults who are not registered, who do not follow news about government and public affairs, and who say they rarely or never vote.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    well I suppose I'd be kinda like a ridge, with some hills and valleys and varying degrees of elevation...oh...wait, you said Typology.

Nevermind. :D

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Enterpriser

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Enterpriser typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues.
    Enterprisers represent 9 percent of the American public, and 10 percent of registered voters.
    Basic Description
    As in previous studies conducted in 1987, 1994 and 1999, this extremely partisan Republican group’s politics are driven by a belief in the free enterprise system and social values that reflect a conservative agenda. Enterprisers are also the strongest backers of an assertive foreign policy, which includes nearly unanimous support for the war in Iraq and strong support for such anti-terrorism efforts as the Patriot Act.
    Defining Values
    Assertive on foreign policy and patriotic; anti-regulation and pro-business; very little support for government help to the poor; strong belief that individuals are responsible for their own well being. Conservative on social issues such as gay marriage, but not much more religious than the nation as a whole. Very satisfied with personal financial situation.
    Who They Are
    Predominantly white (91%), male (76%) and financially well-off (62% have household incomes of at least $50,000, compared with 40% nationwide). Nearly half (46%) have a college degree, and 77% are married. Nearly a quarter (23%) are themselves military veterans. Only 10% are under age 30.
    Lifestyle Notes
    59% report having a gun in their homes; 53% trade stocks and bonds in the stock market, and 30% are small business owners – all of which are the highest percentages among typology groups. 48% attend church weekly; 36% attend bible study or prayer group meetings.
    2004 Election
    Bush 92%, Kerry 1%. Bush’s most reliable supporters (just 4% of Enterprisers did not vote)
    Party ID
    81% Republican, 18% Independent/No Preference, 1% Democrat (98% Rep/LeanRep)
    Media Use
    Enterprisers follow news about government and politics more closely than any other group, and exhibit the most knowledge about world affairs. The Fox News Channel is their primary source of news (46% cite it as a main source) followed by newspapers (42%) radio (31%) and the internet (26%).
    Note: All descriptions and percentages are based on the national sample of adults surveyed by telephone in December. Based on your answers to the survey questions, you most closely resemble survey respondents within this group, even though you may differ significantly on one or more issues or traits.
    In the overall typology there is a ninth group called “Bystanders” who are defined as adults who are not registered, who do not follow news about government and public affairs, and who say they rarely or never vote.

Same for me but questions were skewed and I didn't really like several of my forced choices for answers ;)

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Disaffected

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Disaffected typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues.
    Disaffecteds represent 9 percent of the American public, and 10 percent of registered voters.
    Basic Description
    Disaffecteds are deeply cynical about government and unsatisfied with both their own economic situation and the overall state of the nation. Under heavy financial pressure personally, this group is deeply concerned about immigration and environmental policies, particularly to the extent that they affect jobs. Alienated from politics, Disaffecteds have little interest in keeping up with news about politics and government, and few participated in the last election.
    Defining Values
    Despite personal financial strain – and belief that success is mostly beyond a person’s control – Disaffecteds are the only moderate supporters of government welfare and assistance to the poor. Strongly oppose immigration as well as regulatory and environmental policies on the grounds that government is ineffective and such measures cost jobs.
    Who They Are
    Less educated (70% have attended no college, compared with 49% nationwide) and predominantly male (57%). While a majority (60%) leans Republican, three-in-ten are strict independents, triple the national rate. Disaffecteds live in all parts of the country, though somewhat more are from rural and suburban areas than urban.
    Lifestyle Notes
    Somewhat higher percentage report having a gun in the home than the national average, and 42% report someone in their house has been unemployed in the past year.
    2004 Election
    Bush 42%, Kerry 21%. Nearly a quarter (23%) said they didn’t vote in the last election.
    Party ID
    68% Independent/No Preference, 30% Republican, 2% Democrat (60% Rep/LeanRep)
    Media Use
    Disaffecteds have little interest in current events and pay little attention to the news. No single medium or network stands out as a main source.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Enterpriser here, too. Which kinda surprised me, since I consider myself more of an Independent/Libertarian with Republican leanings. Some of the questions were a bit misleading or poorly worded, such as the stuff about "immigrants." Had they specified illegal immigrants, I might've answered differently.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I was given dissafected. The only problem is most of my answers seem to go against what they describe them to be. I am educated. I said that I am reasonably satisfied with my economic status. I pay attention to news (often more accurate news than American news.) However, perhaps by dissatisfaction of government and current economic situation over powered all that. I wish they would display the ones you were close to. I have never taken a personality test where I was exactly one type. I am usually fairly balanced.

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    This test put me at Disaffected. I strongly disagree, however. Contrary to the description, I do care about politics, I've been to college (let's never mind the fact that I opted not to finish), I am concerned with environmental policies but mainly for the reason that I don't think it's the government's business, not because they affect jobs, and I'm actually rather opposed to hefty reliance on welfare.

Perhaps the main difference is in ideology, not so much the actual stance on the issues. Also, I think it's more than a little unfortunate that Libertarians are lumped into the Independent category.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    This test put me at Disaffected. I strongly disagree, however. Contrary to the description, I do care about politics, I\'ve been to college (let\'s never mind the fact that I opted not to finish), I am concerned with environmental policies but mainly for the reason that I don\'t think it\'s the government\'s business, not because they affect jobs, and I\'m actually rather opposed to hefty reliance on welfare.
    I think it has a problem classifying Libertarian Sheep Dogs.

Top Bottom