• techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    From the HT:

Bloomington police, with the assistance of officers from the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and Indiana University, spent Thursday night dealing with a large crowd of zombies that took over an intersection downtown.

One of the zombies, Thomas Dagely, 18, was arrested on preliminary charges of obstructing traffic and disorderly conduct.

At 10:22 p.m., police received almost a dozen complaints about people dressed as zombies blocking traffic at the intersection of Ninth and Walnut streets. Several people reported the zombies were hitting, kicking and jumping on cars.

When Officer Kyle Abram arrived, he found more than 100 zombies completely blocking the road, police said. The zombies then began hitting and kicking Abram’s marked squad car, according to the police report. When Officer Ian Lovan arrived, he witnessed a group of zombies who were attempting to overturn an occupied car on Walnut Street.

According to Abram’s report, he was unable to reach the area due to the crowd. While walking, he approached the zombies attacking the car. When the zombies saw Abram, all of them ran except Dagely who continued his attack on the car.

Large numbers of police officers arrived and were able to clear the area. At one point, revelers set a trash can on fire at the intersection of Ninth and Walnut streets. Bloomington Fire Department was called to extinguish the fire.

I fell asleep last night putting my kids down to bed. Otherwise I would have been at this intersection at right about this time. Trying to overturn an occupied car?!

I am glad for all of us that I was not there, then.

I take back everything I said about riots and Bloomington. Oh, and this is just a block or two IIRC from the Obama headquarters so who knows what it could be like on Tuesday night...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The IDS reported the arrests differently:

The parade came to a somewhat abrupt end, though, as police cars pulled up behind the crowd with their lights flashing.

Although at first this did not deter the crowd and many zombies surrounded the police car, yelling, the party dissipated as even more squad cars arrived and one man was handcuffed and put inside one of the cars.

Parade participants were divided about the arrest.

Senior Luke Bapple, who believed the arrest happened because the arrestee had touched one of the police cars, said the arrested “zombie” should have known better.

“I mean, I’ll jump on a civilian car,” he said. “We’re dead, not stupid.”

But senior Samantha Miller applauded the arrestee.

“He was a martyr zombie,” she said.

Nice, fine to jump on occupied civilian cars, just don't touch a cop car....

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    They are just Obamazombies preparing for when "the messiah" will lose.

obama-zombies.jpg

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Reported by the Heral Times. We call it the Daily Distorter up here.

Zombies.........out of towners that attend college there. The majority of Bloomington's citizens are good conservative God fearing citizens.

Are Zombies on the open season list?

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Bloomington conservative????? I have been in the area for 24 years and refer to Btown as The People's Republic of Bloomington. Wouldn't live in that town for love or money. It is full of granola-heads who are so far out in right field that it is truly sad. Read the comments in the local paper and you will get a taste of not only the true liberal stance of most of the citizen's but the hate as well. Yes, the students are part of the problem as are the faculty members but having worked there for 14 years I never saw so many malcontents in my life. Just MHO.

Top Bottom