• ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    California style...

I finally opened my Photobucket account. Here are some photos I took on a trip to California last May. Bad gun laws there but lots of natural beauty.

Anyhow, this helps take my mind off the threat of the Obamafication of America.

tufa1_edited-1.jpg
    waterfallonleft_edited-1.jpg
    floweroceanbackdrop_edited-1-13x19_.jpg
    valleywide_edited-2.jpg
    verticalpier_edited-1.jpg
    waterfallonleft_edited-1.jpg
    valleyvertical_edited-4.jpg
    sierrawithwavyclouds_edited-2.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Except for the people, laws, and culture, I'd probably love California.

Sounds about right.

I can say there are a lot of good folks there, though. Especially Orange County, where I lived. It is a very conservative county with lots of folks who are pro gun. It was one of the easiest (term used loosely) counties to get a CCW until the new Sheriff took over.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Orange County I can do. The company I work for has an office in Irvine CA. I can deal with the people there.

Of course, we're about one big earthquake away from Nevada being ocean-side property. ;)

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I enjoyed the 4 years lived there. From San Diego everything is less than an hour away.
    I frequented the ocean, mountains and desert.
    Lived very close to the border (Mexico) for about 4 months and decided to move.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Bigum, those photos are beautiful!!! Where in Cali were they taken?

Thanks Pami.

The first photo was taken at Mono Lake in Eastern Sierra. Several of the photos were in Yosemite. The pier shot was in Manhattan Beach, near LA. The last shot was taken along the Eastern Sierra near Mammoth Lakes, CA.

I venture out west at least once per year on a photo expedition. The year before I went to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park and came back with some great shots. I really love the landscapes of the west. Big sky.
    Thanks for looking.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Great photos. I am jealous of your 5D and its full frame sensor goodness ;)

was that the 17-40 f/4 L lens? or something else?

I believe almost all the shots were with my 24-70 2.8L lens. I do own the 17-40L, but I rarely use it on the 5D. 24mm is pretty wide on a full frame sensor, and I have a lot problems with vignetting when using my Cokin filter system at anything wider than 20mm.

I've been thinking about trading up for the new 5DII. But, I've decided to invest in a few new guns. Choices, choices...

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Thanks Pami.

The first photo was taken at Mono Lake in Eastern Sierra. Several of the photos were in Yosemite. The pier shot was in Manhattan Beach, near LA. The last shot was taken along the Eastern Sierra near Mammoth Lakes, CA.

I venture out west at least once per year on a photo expedition. The year before I went to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park and came back with some great shots. I really love the landscapes of the west. Big sky.
    Thanks for looking.
    Take me with you next time, ok? :D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Take me with you next time, ok? :D

Pack your bags!

My wife loves traveling, but she HATES all the waiting she has to do while I'm spending hours getting photos. I guess I can't blame her.

Most mornings I get up long before sunrise to get out to my photo location to get shots. I come back to the hotel exhausted and she and my son are up and ready to go! I come back exhausted from our trips, but with lots of photos to edit!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    LOVELY shots!!

I aspire to take photographs like that one day...

I've got some "good ones", but not many.

-J-

Top Bottom