Anyone know the day that we fall back???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It has now happened!

You may need to turn your mobile telephone off and on again if you don't move from one coverage area to another to reset it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    uggh, why do they still do this? all it does is confuse me :(
    Don't worry...once we all get the RFID chips implanted, there will probably be no need for clocks. They'll zap us awake and zap us if we stay up too long, or visit the wrong website or ...
    Oops...did I say that out loud??
    My bad

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I was so po'd at our governor for forcing us to join in lock-step with 47 of the other states and started changing our clocks. I waited outside at 2 in the morning, fully expecting to see the stars jump in the sky signaling the tremendous movement of the earth when it forces people to adjust clocks.

It didn't happen, the stars didn't jump in the sky. I felt conned. I felt let down. How stupid to move the clock to simulate an extra hour of sunlight. How stupid.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was so po'd at our governor for forcing us to join in lock-step with 47 of the other states and started changing our clocks. I waited outside at 2 in the morning, fully expecting to see the stars jump in the sky signaling the tremendous movement of the earth when it forces people to adjust clocks.

It didn't happen, the stars didn't jump in the sky. I felt conned. I felt let down. How stupid to move the clock to simulate an extra hour of sunlight. How stupid.

At least now we're goofy along with everyone else; as opposed to being goofy all by ourselves.

Indiana's been a part of the real world for two years now! yay!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I grew up in Michigan, so I'm used to switching the clocks twice a year (although the fall change should happen on a Sunday night so I can sleep in an extra hour on a workday).

I've always hated it. It's retarded and it doesn't solve the problems it was designed to solve. That having been said, I'm glad to see Indiana following the rest of the country. It was really a business detriment to have our own little timezone. My first choice would be to take EVERYONE off of DST, but I'll settle for this.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I grew up near Louisville, in the few parts of Indiana that changed. It was really strange not to when going to college and then moving to Indy. Although I saw how much work (an therefore money) the stupid idea of changing the dates cost in IT related expenses. That was really stupid. The one thing I really love is that I drive in on I-70 facing East. The sun rise goes from high enough to be bearable to directly in my face to not risen until I pass. Then we reset the clocks and I get to do it again. Thanks for that.

Top Bottom