• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Took a young lady to the Brazilian steakhouse downtown Indy Saturday Night, November 1st for my birthday. If you like red meat and have not tried Fogo De Chao in downtown Indianapolis yet, then you are missing something my friend. I cannot believe I have gone this long without discovering Brazilian steakhouses. Why didn't you guys tell me earlier?

People with skewers of meat (steak, lamb, pork, chicken) run to your table and ask you how much you want. It was unwordly! The food was beyond words and the service was fantastic.

I recommend the picanha with a Modelo beer, and a glass of red wine. I have not had as red meat in the last ten (10) years as I did Saturday night.

The salad bar had all kinds of things to eat, including smoke salmon, as if you weren't certain you would get enough protein in a steakhouse.:D

Go, now, stop reading, go=>Welcome to Fogo de Chão

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I tried one of these establishments in Vegas a couple of months ago. It is really something else. I'd like to try this one in Indy. Maybe Shay will go with me.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Man you are killing me here. I had a cup o' noodles for lunch. :xmad: I have been wanting to go there forever now, just rarely am in Indy to begin with and have money even less of them time, but by god I am going there as soon as possible!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've been to one in Houston, TX. I literally ate so much meat I couldn't swallow another bite. Remember when you were a kid and said "I'm full up to here, and moved your hand higher and higher up towards your throat?" That was seriouslly how I felt. One of the best restaurants I've been too....glad to hear the one in Indy is good to. Will have to check it out.:yesway:

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. Been there,Ate that. I spent 2 hours there with a buddy and yeah. FULL UP TO THERE!!! It's pricey, but worth it. Take your time and try every thing..,.:rockwoot::buddies:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, go for lunch. Yeah, it is $25, but it is a STEAL for what you get. Make sure you chop and stack a few ricks of wood in the morning and eat nothing but chicken broth the day before.

BTW - when they bring the filet around, you CAN ask for a whole piece. The guys-with-the-meat (there is an official title, but I'm not looking it up) told us and they simply do not care.

India Garden's Tahli is the the best meal for $15 in the city. Fogo is the best meal for $25 hands down.

Top Bottom