• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have always been more of a FPS (first person shooter) gamer, but I bought this game the other day & I haven't hardly been able to put down the controller since.

IMHO this is a seriously outstanding video game, the story line, the graphics/visuals, the game play & enormous amount of playable content is absolutely mind-blowing.

Does anyone else play ACB? (hopefully on PS3) after I finish playing through all of the single player campaign I am going to jump on multiplayer & would like to find some folks to play with.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    You should start sleeping with one eye open! LOL

But seriously, I probably have 300 some-odd video game titles in my video game library & even so, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has quickly became one of my all-time favorites.

Granted it can easily get overwhelming at times, especially if you get "notorious" and every guard in the city is actively hunting for you, but if you do start to get notorious all you have to do is kill the local city officials (or don't leave any witnesses alive), bribe heralds & rip down your "wanted" posters to lower your notoriety level it makes doing missions (or even just walking around for that matter) a lot easier.

When I first started playing the game I had a heck of a hard time because I would forget about that notoriety feature and allowed my notoriety level to build up, which meant that I had to either fight every guard or patrol that looked in my general direction &/or constantly run &/or hide from them.

But now I keep it to a minimum (if any) so I am not constantly in combat, in hiding or on the run.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I picked it up at gamestop the night it came out and played it everyday for two weeks straight after work until I beat the main story, bought all of the properties in Rome and completed most of the side missions. The best thing about the game is the the story and the way they incorporate historical figures and locations. I have as much fun sightseeing as I do playing the game. I now want to take a vacation to Venice, Florence, and Rome.

Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I just hate the controls on all AC games. Wonky wonky wonky.

If you ever want to play some SSFIV though let me know. ;)

Yea it took me awhile to get used to the controls, lots of buttons need to be pressed to do all of the actions, my only real gripe at the moment is that I keep burying my two-handed sword into peoples heads when I do my two-handed special attack.

My hands are left empty until I go pull it out of the dead guy's head & that is not a good thing when surrounded by people beating you to death with maces & pole axes, thankfully I have gotten pretty quick at switching to my dagger.

have you got your assassins yet. when you get your own assassins they can do a rain of arrows and drop any enemies that are in your sight.

Yea the assassin trainee's are sweet, I still haven't mastered how to call them in exactly how I want them yet, sometimes I'll hold it down to long & get the rain of arrows, sometimes I won't hold it down long enough & they'll just jump down and assassinate, etc.

Like this last mission I just did, I held it down too long, got the rain of arrows instead of them jumping down to assassinate & I guess because there were so many men at arms standing around the rain of arrows missed one of the targets, who of course got away so now I have to redo the mission GGRRRRRRR

I picked it up at gamestop the night it came out and played it everyday for two weeks straight after work until I beat the main story, bought all of the properties in Rome and completed most of the side missions. The best thing about the game is the the story and the way they incorporate historical figures and locations. I have as much fun sightseeing as I do playing the game. I now want to take a vacation to Venice, Florence, and Rome.

Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted.

Yea the scenery is outstanding, I was just telling one of my buddies who is an architect, that he would be really impressed by all of the historical buildings & attention to details in these graphics.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    We play I, II and III on the XBox.

"Addicting" is an understatement in this house. My wife almost filed divorce papers on me and emancipation papers on my son. :)

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    We play I, II and III on the XBox.

"Addicting" is an understatement in this house. My wife almost filed divorce papers on me and emancipation papers on my son. :)

My wife & youngest daughter actually enjoy watching me play this game.

Anyway as far as side missions, I just finished up all of the assassin guild challenges, now I am trying to get the mercenary challenges done, I also have destroyed all of the Borgia towers *that was fun!* & have rebuilt Rome's infrastructure.

I am waiting to start sequence 8 of the main mission story-line until I get some other equipment and stuff unlocked through completing the mini-missions, my gear has sort of fallen behind, I noticed that I am taking way more damage way more quickly than I should be in large battles.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    If you seem to be having trouble trying to collect the hard to find aconite for the medical shop quest from the borgia couriers that rarely spawn I found what seems to be a bug in the game that works for me almost every time.

First use the tunnel system move from one area of Rome to another. I prefer going to a large open area to make it easier to look around. The Colosseum and the Pantheon are the two best spots IMO. Once you spawn in the area climb to a high point and look around for a few seconds. Use eagle vision and the borgia messengers will be highlighted in gold. The building right next to the tunnel entrance at the Colosseum and the building behind the tunnel entrance at the Pantheon are the ones I use.

Since it is rare for a messenger to have aconite on him you have to usually kill quite a few of them. But it has always worked for me and is also a great way to make some easy cash as they always have 1500 worth of coins and other items that you can sell to.

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    yea all of the assassins games are a blast this one has some new killing sequences which are nice......has anyone seen the trailer for the new mass effect 3 coming later this year it looks like it should be good

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    If you seem to be having trouble trying to collect the hard to find aconite for the medical shop quest from the borgia couriers that rarely spawn I found what seems to be a bug in the game that works for me almost every time.

First use the tunnel system move from one area of Rome to another. I prefer going to a large open area to make it easier to look around. The Colosseum and the Pantheon are the two best spots IMO. Once you spawn in the area climb to a high point and look around for a few seconds. Use eagle vision and the borgia messengers will be highlighted in gold. The building right next to the tunnel entrance at the Colosseum and the building behind the tunnel entrance at the Pantheon are the ones I use.

Since it is rare for a messenger to have aconite on him you have to usually kill quite a few of them. But it has always worked for me and is also a great way to make some easy cash as they always have 1500 worth of coins and other items that you can sell to.

I'll have to give that a try, I do try to kill every messenger that I see but those little monkey's are quick & can climb just as good as I can, so it generally takes at least a couple of city blocks to catch them, therefore I've been resorting to just shooting instead of chasing them lately.

yea all of the assassins games are a blast this one has some new killing sequences which are nice......has anyone seen the trailer for the new mass effect 3 coming later this year it looks like it should be good

Yea the kill sequences are spectacular, my favorite is the two-handed sword burying itself in the guys head, but it's also my least favorite since it yanks the two-handed sword out of my hands.

But when that happens I usually either switch to my dagger or run over & pick up fallen guards spears & pole-axes up off of the ground and just chuck them at the remaining guards, oh and the animation of them being speared through is really cool too, so it's sort of a win-loose-win situation.

LOL and I really dig the "Conan maneuver" that you can to use to dismount charging cavalry, that is pretty wicked too, yea it's easier just to shoot the guard off of the horse but sweeping the horses legs out from under it as it charges is just fun not to make happen.

But no I haven't seen the new mass effect trailers yet, I'll have to check youtube for them.

Top Bottom